• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Get your ears on and enjoy some music at work

In the hopes that this thread not only helps us all find some new tunes to listen to, I'm also hoping it helps some folks discover new equipment to enjoy those tunes on.

With the latter in mind here is a playlist I use to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of my gear. It combines songs I enjoy with some musical punches that stress highs and lows. The genres vary.

Taste Test on Spotify
Taste Test on Tidal (substituting Pantera for Metallica who isn't on Tidal)

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau
I listen to 4 songs and 4 songs only.

To remind me where I'm from:

To remind me who I became:

To remind me who I want to be:

And just because it's catchy AF:

I rock out on these headphones:

031307-headphones.jpg

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Want to up your listening capabilities? The absolute best deal in hi-fi-dome is Massdrop.

It serves three functions:
  1. A group buy (like GroupOn) where a certain number of products are sold at a reduced price depending on how many commit
  2. Where it really shines: A manufacturer of special production runs of tuned gear at a significantly reduced price
  3. A community a bit like DealerRefresh
I'm blown away by the musical clarity to price point ratio of point 2. I have jumped on a few of their Massdrop-produced headphones and amps and holy bluewhale of performance batman :crazy:

The Massdrop AKG 7xx's are so unbelievably clear (after some burn-in) and far more comfortable than true AKGs that I can't believe I only paid $199 for them. Then there are the various Sennheisers that they've improved the sound signature on. I've got their 58x Jubilees on my head right now, and have tried them against the original 580 Precisions from Sennheiser and the Massdrop version is every bit as quality + some extra bass punch that the originals lacked. Absolutely an improvement and only $149 :thumbup:

Neither of those options would be good if you're sitting next to some coworkers because they're open headphones, but I can't say enough good things about the Massdrop options. If you're buying your headphones from Best Buy or an Apple Store, you might be paying more for a lot less music quality.

The Massdrop signature cans are their reproduced version of the legendary Sennheiser HD650s that all headphones are judged from. On Massdrop they are the Sennhesier 6xx model and they're only $199 when available. The original MSRP of the HD650s was nearly $700.

If you want to jump on Massdrop, this link will earn you and me both $10 after your first purchase: https://www.massdrop.com/profile/axsnyder?referer=TW2SFJ ....even if you don't use the link, I'm really just hoping to influence some of you to find new levels of enjoyment in your music.