• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com Requesting Access to Facebook Page

Con Lemoine

Green Pea
Aug 6, 2018
Awards
First Name
Con
Hello all, I am sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere in the forum but I didn't see it addressed anywhere yet.

I am an admin for our dealership's Facebook page and the other day I got an alert saying that "Cars.com Network Account" is requesting access to basically all functions of our page.

Is this something to do with their integration with Facebook Marketplace? Does anyone have a suggestion on whether or not it is safe for me to give them access to our page? There are very few people who have admin access to our Facebook page so I want to make sure it is the right decision before authorizing it. If anyone can provide some insight/feedback on that I would appreciate it.

Here is a screenshot of the alert I received requesting access to our page:
screenshot_2599.jpg

Hello all, I am sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere in the forum but I didn't see it addressed anywhere yet.

I am an admin for our dealership's Facebook page and the other day I got an alert saying that "Cars.com Network Account" is requesting access to basically all functions of our page.

Is this something to do with their integration with Facebook Marketplace? Does anyone have a suggestion on whether or not it is safe for me to give them access to our page? There are very few people who have admin access to our Facebook page so I want to make sure it is the right decision before authorizing it. If anyone can provide some insight/feedback on that I would appreciate it.

View attachment 3760
Full disclosure, I work for Cars.com. Somebody at your dealership (probably multiple somebodies) most likely received the email below last week.

Subject line: Extend your inventory to Facebook Marketplace with Social Sales Drive

Extend your inventory to Facebook Marketplace

Sell More Used Cars on Social

We’re adding more value to your Cars.com partnership with Social Sales Drive. In August, Social Sales Drive will be included with your vehicle sales package.

Social Sales Drive connects your used inventory to in-market consumers through the largest social media platform on earth, and ensures you never miss a sales opportunity through the power of 24/7 managed chat services.

Now, it’s easier than ever to meet shoppers where they are. Reach out to your Cars.com representative or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting opportunity. More instructions on how to activate your account will be coming soon.

Learn more »

If you want us to post inventory on your behalf (to Facebook Marketplace), the video below will walk you the acceptance process. But, a dealer can simply do nothing and not allow the permission. No dealer has to accept the Facebook permission request if they don't want to -- no harm, no foul.

We just had a few dealers hop on Facebook Marketplace in Canada (not through Cars.com but another vendor).

I was all "Facebook is garbage, nobody uses it anymore except Russia"

and then they turned on the feed and I was quite surprised.
Each of the 3 dealers got over 5 leads on their first day and have had steady traffic ever since.

We used a chat company to do the syndication and all 3 dealers are using them to handle the communication as they would otherwise not be able to keep up with the demand for immediate responses from customers. Leads are coming in and they're all reporting back that they're very satisfied with how things are going.

Full disclosure, I work for Cars.com. Somebody at your dealership (probably multiple somebodies) most likely received the email below last week.

Subject line: Extend your inventory to Facebook Marketplace with Social Sales Drive

Extend your inventory to Facebook Marketplace

Sell More Used Cars on Social

We’re adding more value to your Cars.com partnership with Social Sales Drive. In August, Social Sales Drive will be included with your vehicle sales package.

Social Sales Drive connects your used inventory to in-market consumers through the largest social media platform on earth, and ensures you never miss a sales opportunity through the power of 24/7 managed chat services.

Now, it’s easier than ever to meet shoppers where they are. Reach out to your Cars.com representative or [email protected] to learn more about this exciting opportunity. More instructions on how to activate your account will be coming soon.

Learn more »
Hey Ed, perfect timing, one of my dealers just asked about Cars.com FB marketplace. Sounds like a no-brainer to me, my question for you is, how will success metrics be reporting in Cars.com backend, or separately? Thanks!

I don't buy anything out of Facebook. They are a bunch of fraudulent f*cks. However, go on and turn a blind eye to it, due to advertising "success." After all, it's the automotive way.

Facebook's Alleged Video Metrics Errors Amount To 'Fraud,' Marketers Claim
https://www.mediapost.com/publicati...s-alleged-video-metrics-errors-amount-to.html

Marketers who are suing Facebook over allegations of inflated video metrics have amended their complaint to include allegations that the social networking service's statements about metrics may have amounted to fraud.

Last edited:

View attachment 3760

They are trying to add your inventory to Facebook Market Place for Free. You should however make sure that you have people in place to answer the leads or you will just piss people off if you are not actively working facebook leads.

I declined it because the Rep needs to meet with us about it and I need to have a process in place before doing it. Edmunds may already be doing this for you so you do not want to duplicate your listings. Hope this helps.

• Useful
Reactions: Ian Isch and craigh