• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Oct 31, 2018
First Name
Jared
Hello all,

I am a sales manager at a pretty large wholesale dealership in New England. We currently use Vauto for pricing and appraising vehicles. Many of the vehicles we sell are more high line ie BMW, Mercedes etc. Although I find Vauto a great tool for finding equipment and options on a vehicle, it falls short on decoding the packages (cold weather, premium, etc) on occasion. I was curious if anyone out there uses a program that actually lists the original equipment and packages every time. Because we are such a high volume store and carry so many cars it is difficult to remember every package and change year to year. Any used car managers/sales managers out there that have had good luck with certain software that lists all the equipment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Perhaps @W
Hello all,

I am a sales manager at a pretty large wholesale dealership in New England. We currently use Vauto for pricing and appraising vehicles. Many of the vehicles we sell are more high line ie BMW, Mercedes etc. Although I find Vauto a great tool for finding equipment and options on a vehicle, it falls short on decoding the packages (cold weather, premium, etc) on occasion. I was curious if anyone out there uses a program that actually lists the original equipment and packages every time. Because we are such a high volume store and carry so many cars it is difficult to remember every package and change year to year. Any used car managers/sales managers out there that have had good luck with certain software that lists all the equipment? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Perhaps @WillMcG32 of vAuto may be able to help some.

I can't help with vAuto directly, nor am I going to attempt to offer a direct answer on anything else. Take this post as a starting point for other ideas.

Chrome has become the main source of vehicle data for many solutions out there. They may not have build data on every manufacturer, but they might be something to look at. This is aimed at Fleet sales, but might provide the data you're after: http://www.chromedata.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/applications_carbookpro.pdf

However, it is probably worth a phone call to their sales department to see if they have anything for your needs. http://www.chromedata.com/contact-us/

It is mostly Chrome data used for vAuto VIN breakouts. We are adding factory package data all of the time, most recently codes for Ford. vAuto does list out all pieces of equipment in every package on every vehicle, so you can identify packages based on your actual physical unit. That data exists in the Autowriter comment writing tool. Contact your vAuto Performance Manager for more techniques on how to break down your used cars. Or [email protected] to have a free training session on anything, anytime you like. If you find that you are still lacking the data you need after this, then you may want to search for solutions beyond what you have.

• Useful
Reactions: Alex Snyder