• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Good points @ed.brooks , though one point on your "...5% click rate, a 4% click rate, and 2.5% click rate...", that would be assuming every vehicle on the SRP belong to that dealer. Since SRPs are made up of varying dealers, I'm not sure the number of vehicle per page matters as much. I agree that VDP is one of the money metrics, but you gotta get that shopper to choose you first.
...and it assumes they don't click into the SECOND page of results.
Your point about "winning the click" is huge. Pricing and Merchandising play a huge role in winning the click. I have a dealer group that has two stores located less than 15 miles away from each other. Same make. One store does a better job of putting up multiple quality pictures, writing great comments, and pricing more of their inventory in the Good and Great categories than the other -- it's not surprising that the first store wins more clicks.

Really good information guys! Def. going to have our Digital Marketing Team put together reports like this for our group moving forward.

I have a bunch of small to mid-sized stores so we can't afford to have AutoTrader, Cars.com, CarGurus, and CARFAX. If you can't afford to have all these TPCs what are you deciding factors on deciding which one(s) to cut? Sounds like $/VDP would be one of those factors. What else?

Reactions: Alex Snyder
@Ebenn did you disagree with my post because it shows that your employer, AutoTrader, always has the worst ROI when evaluated on a cost / vdp view basis?

So how would you recommend that we evaluate AutoTrader's performance if we're not supposed to based on VDP views, phone calls, form leads, etc?

Reactions: pschnell