• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Will Someone Please Copy the Domino’s Pizza Tracker?

Mar 15, 2012
Awards
First Name
Steve

I’ll be brief:

Will someone please copy the Domino’s Pizza Tracker for dealers to use with their service customers?

If you’ve never ordered Domino’s Pizza online, then you’re probably not familiar with the best thing to happen to delivery pizza since the invention of the automobile. The Domino’s Pizza Tracker is not a gimmick. In a nutshell, it accurately keeps you informed of the status of your delivery order.

unnamed.jpg

Let me dissect that last sentence in terms of the customer experience with the average dealer’s service department:

• “it accurately” – There’s no guessing, wondering or hoping someone is working on your order. The Domino’s Pizza Tracker provides (at least from the customer’s viewpoint) to-the-minute accuracy about each step in the pizza-making-and-delivering process. Imagine if your service customers could look at your service app and feel confident their vehicle was in the right hands.
  • “keeps you informed” – If you employ a service BDC, then you’ve probably come to the realization that the average service advisor won’t answer the phone or call back your customers. Of course, if you had a way to keep customers informed about their repairs via an app, who’d be calling your service team anyway? (Prior to the invention of the Tracker, I’m pretty sure Domino’s Pizza locations were bombarded with those “Where’s my order?” phone calls.)
  • “of the status” – The easiest way to provide a great customer experience every time is to deliver on your promises. When your advisor told the customer their vehicle would be ready “in a few hours,” they weren’t lying. They genuinely believed this (given the information they had at that time). Of course, when your customer shows up three hours later only to discover your team is waiting on a hard-to-find part coming from two towns away, they believe they were lied to. Imagine if your app alerted them to the status change in their repair. Would that create a better customer experience?
Domino’s Pizza is the Best?

I’ll say it: Domino’s Pizza might be the best pizza-making operation in America.

Now, for all my Pizza Prima Donna friends, please save your outrage over pizza quality and hear me out.

I love Domino’s Pizza! I love it because their service is convenient and extremely customer-friendly. Their pizza? Hmm, it’s not the worst pizza I’ve ever had.

For the dealers and service managers reading this, it’s important to understand that quality is relative. You might provide the best quality repairs of the brands you service in your area, but if every dealing a consumer has with you feels like a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, then you’re going to lose business to the quick lubes, tire chains and independent shops.

They may never provide your level of quality, but they’ve got you beat where it matters more: the customer experience.

So, back to my original question: Will someone please copy the Domino’s Pizza Tracker for dealers to use with their service customers? (And, if someone already has, will you post a link in the comments, so dealers will know where they can buy this?)

Good selling!

Read the whole post here.

Reactions: joe.pistell

I’ll be brief:

Will someone please copy the Domino’s Pizza Tracker for dealers to use with their service customers?

If you’ve never ordered Domino’s Pizza online, then you’re probably not familiar with the best thing to happen to delivery pizza since the invention of the automobile. The Domino’s Pizza Tracker is not a gimmick. In a nutshell, it accurately keeps you informed of the status of your delivery order.

unnamed.jpg

Let me dissect that last sentence in terms of the customer experience with the average dealer’s service department:

• “it accurately” – There’s no guessing, wondering or hoping someone is working on your order. The Domino’s Pizza Tracker provides (at least from the customer’s viewpoint) to-the-minute accuracy about each step in the pizza-making-and-delivering process. Imagine if your service customers could look at your service app and feel confident their vehicle was in the right hands.
  • “keeps you informed” – If you employ a service BDC, then you’ve probably come to the realization that the average service advisor won’t answer the phone or call back your customers. Of course, if you had a way to keep customers informed about their repairs via an app, who’d be calling your service team anyway? (Prior to the invention of the Tracker, I’m pretty sure Domino’s Pizza locations were bombarded with those “Where’s my order?” phone calls.)
  • “of the status” – The easiest way to provide a great customer experience every time is to deliver on your promises. When your advisor told the customer their vehicle would be ready “in a few hours,” they weren’t lying. They genuinely believed this (given the information they had at that time). Of course, when your customer shows up three hours later only to discover your team is waiting on a hard-to-find part coming from two towns away, they believe they were lied to. Imagine if your app alerted them to the status change in their repair. Would that create a better customer experience?
Domino’s Pizza is the Best?

I’ll say it: Domino’s Pizza might be the best pizza-making operation in America.

Now, for all my Pizza Prima Donna friends, please save your outrage over pizza quality and hear me out.

I love Domino’s Pizza! I love it because their service is convenient and extremely customer-friendly. Their pizza? Hmm, it’s not the worst pizza I’ve ever had.

For the dealers and service managers reading this, it’s important to understand that quality is relative. You might provide the best quality repairs of the brands you service in your area, but if every dealing a consumer has with you feels like a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, then you’re going to lose business to the quick lubes, tire chains and independent shops.

They may never provide your level of quality, but they’ve got you beat where it matters more: the customer experience.

So, back to my original question: Will someone please copy the Domino’s Pizza Tracker for dealers to use with their service customers? (And, if someone already has, will you post a link in the comments, so dealers will know where they can buy this?)

Good selling!

Read the whole post here.
I have literally been saying this for years as a Fixed Ops Director. Lol

@steve.stauning

You can probably sink $100,000 to develop this, another $100,000 in a tiny office with some business cards and small marketing material, $200,000 for 1 year salary for 2 salespeople, $100,000 to go with a 10X10 to Digital Dealer and some other travel;

The show this to a dealer and be like:

"This is an awesome idea, but $195/month is too much. Would you do it for $100"

Then you realize that it will take 2500 accounts just to get your initial investment, but now there is taxes, system improvements, maintenance, on boarding, billing, ...

Reactions: Tallcool1
So what stages would you want it to say... and how would you update the stages.. would it be done by RO number entered into a tablet by the staff? what kind of hardware would be required? What happens when a staff member skips a step (IE goes from check in -> Wash instead of check in -> dispatched -> working -> finishing up -> wash). the concept is great, and I have thought about it for a long time... anyone have any more input on it. (also you have to be careful, they have a patent on the dominos tracker... goes to have to read that and find out what is considered patented)