• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CarGurus Listing Cars 800 Miles Away Listed Above Mine.....

John, I complained about to my rep too, he had the same reply as your rep. And the rep is right, no driving 800 miles when you offer free delivery. A very nice "TFB" for us.

Murray

They are right but another concern is that all these Accords that are 800 miles away are priced lower than mine and are fictitious "good deals" even though they are not certified. CG does not even list an amount on how good of deal that car is, unlike our cars which have a monetary amount. It just gives the customer something they think they can use as a comparison when looking at my asking price but we are not comparing apples to apples. We're not even comparing fruit to fruit!

Can a sales team overcome those objections - of course. But the customer has to submit the lead first. If CG is polluting my listings and telling my customer that my deal is a "high priced" deal or "overpriced" by using cars 800+ miles away from me, I think its costing me lead submits at the very least.

But then again - I haven't cancelled them so what does that make me?