• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Facebook Advertising Questions for Dealers

Hey, @yagoparamo, that's actually not a new ad format, it's just the canvas ad available through Facebook mobile targeting. I'm not sure what you mean by "stop boosting ads," did you mean stop boosting posts? I've seen that boosting posts is an integral part of creating a brand online; without boosting posts, no one is going to see the content we're curating on our page.

If you have any advice on LEAD ADS, I'd be happy to hear it.

@Shelby Tatomir

I don't think so, that type of ad with 3 layers, a carousel, multiple link CTAs, and a full website load at the end of the ad is new.

You are correct (and I fixed it now), stop boosting posts. I don't want to argue online about "creating a brand via Facebook", that applies to a tiny percentage of the dealer here. Seems like a great topic for a 1 hour class at Digital Dealer.

I took a demo of https://www.driven-data.com/facebook-custom-audiences/ and let me tell you, it's killer. Being able to pluck automatically is crazy.

The 1st Automated Solution for Sales, Service and CRM
Driven Data dealerships can now automatically push their sales, service and CRM customer data directly into Facebook custom audiences. We are the first company that offers this service across all data types, giving you and your team a distinctive advantage. We combine your customer data with the power of our machine learning platform to identify customers that are close to purchasing a vehicle or ready for service. This way your customers get the right message at the right time.

Benefits:
  • Each audience updates daily so they are always fresh
  • Custom Audiences can be used by you, your agency or digital marketing partner
  • Costs of targeting your customers in FB Custom Audiences are way lower than other channels
    • 4.00-6.00 CPC for AdWords
    • .70-1.00 for Direct Mail
    • .10-.35 CPC for Driven Data Facebook Custom Audiences
  • Increased ad engagement from our predictions and using your customers
  • We track all your results, we know who you targeted and who sold, so you know it’s working

Reactions: jon.berna
Guys, I had a interesting post from FB to show up in my feed today. I may be late to the party but, I'm not sure if any of you guys have seen it or not. It was a link to FB's Play with Cars page. There's a pdf you can download and it's interesting. It talks a little about shooting video for vertical consumption and designing your videos for "sound off".
You can grab the pdf below.
https://www.facebook.com/business/m/playwithcars

upload_2018-12-18_19-7-59.png

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Guys, I had a interesting post from FB to show up in my feed today. I may be late to the party but, I'm not sure if any of you guys have seen it or not. It was a link to FB's Play with Cars page. There's a pdf you can download and it's interesting. It talks a little about shooting video for vertical consumption and designing your videos for "sound off".

View attachment 3987
Is that Zuckernerd standing on top of that car? I wish this were a video or animated gif and that car pulled away.

How much do you spend on boosting organic content (page posts) each month on Facebook?

If you're utilizing lead ads on Facebook, what content are you putting into those lead ads and how are you targeting the audience? (custom audiences, lookalikes, saved audiences)

Any advice is appreciated!

For the love of Saint Pete, PLEASE do NOT boost posts. If your objective is to produce a sale, the last thing you should be doing is boosting your post.

Let me explain why..

Facebook is a learning algorithm. It works on a the premise of delivering content to those that meet a specific objective you specify. When boosting posts, the primary objective is post engagement. So Facebook goes out and finds others who are likely to meet this objective.

Nine times out of ten people who like, share, and comment are only partially interested in whatever post you BOOST. Most of them are not interested enough to submit their information, and in the event they do they tend to go MIA.

Here's what you should do instead..

1: Stay as far away as you can from Lead Ads. A lot of the information people submit via a lead ad is outdated, since Facebook auto-populates the form for the user. Also, people tend to submit their information by accident. Which can lead to a lot of confusion.

2: Build a funnel/form, and send people to this through a conversion ad. For example, here's one of my clients forms. Make sure a pixel is installed, and a custom conversion objective is specified on the second page.

3: Build a campaign with a Conversions objective through the ad manager. And ensure you speak to your audience and target them at a specific angle. In my unique instance, one of my newest clients and I are running a Uber Driver offer. Exact ad copy & creative are posted below:

5t2ckpq.png

The result's we're getting:

1ZH2VtE.png

Appointments we've scheduled so far:

xoqz2nH.png

It's through the campaign structure we're using that we've had as much success as we've had. Although I don't recommend replicating the exact campaign verbatum, I do suggest you find a unique way to target your audience.

Lastly: DO NOT USE INTEREST BASED TARGETING.

Keep your targeting as open as possible. Only narrow down your audience size using look-a-likes, nothing else.

Again, Facebook is a learning algorithm. So it needs data and TIME to achieve whatever result you desire. In my instance, it's an appointment. Which converts to a sale 1/8 times.

Should you have any questions feel free to post below. I'll be posting a massive tutorial on Facebook Marketing very soon, so please keep your eyes peeled.

Last month we spent close to $50k on Facebook and it's only going to increase as we continue to ramp up our Facebook advertising.

We also went all in with vertical video for our Facebook ads. It gives us 180% more ad space for FREE! It's really driven more engagement at a lower cost.

facebook ad.JPG

View attachment 3987
I actually spoke on this exact subject at Driving Sales last year and got a little bit of hate for suggesting switching everything to vertical.

Fast forward 2 months and now vertical is Facebook's official recommendation in their ads manager, plus they promote it in all of their white papers.

PS: All of you dealers who voted horizontal should probably re-evaluate your advertising :)

tweet.JPG

Reactions: John.H