• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

AdWords Burn w/ Recent Purchasers

You could use Google Ads RLSA (remarketing lists for search ads) to do a negative bid adjustment on recent customers so your ad is less likely to show up. Essentially you would just upload a list of your recent customers to a shared library audience, add it to your campaign(s), and then set your negative bid adjustment.

We also use RLSA to target our less recent customers who might be in the market to buy again and do a positive bid adjustment to make sure we turn them into a repeat customer and don't lose out to a competitor.

You could use Google Ads RLSA (remarketing lists for search ads) to do a negative bid adjustment on recent customers so your ad is less likely to show up. Essentially you would just upload a list of your recent customers to a shared library audience, add it to your campaign(s), and then set your negative bid adjustment.

We also use RLSA to target our less recent customers who might be in the market to buy again and do a positive bid adjustment to make sure we turn them into a repeat customer and don't lose out to a competitor.
As usual, you're right.

It's one of the 8 Uncommon Ways to Increase PPC Conversions that I send to a good bit of my clients. It can get a bit tricky or did while I was at a PPC agency: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/remarketing#visitors_who_took_specific_actions

Google had come late to this party, btw. There were other channels that beat them to this. I hate to say FB was one of them.

If it would be helpful, our team will run all of your GA sessions across these metrics to filter each campaign by the highest engagement with your service pages. We can then give you the specific campaigns and combinations of landing pages where you should drill in and optimize for service. We also isolate the % of all sessions who exhibit the combination of behaviors which equate to a High Value Users (correlation to sales) so that you can see what percentage of your users are actually exhibit buying behavior.

upload_2019-2-6_16-5-56.png

upload_2019-2-6_16-11-4.png

Ryan & Alex are on it perfectly.

On another note, guesstimating the canibalization rate is very funny to me. It's directly related to the campaign your running and if you wanted to, you could get it up to 50% on purpose. There are ways to reduce but it's going to be a problem.

Audience exclusion base on showroom/sales activity is available but we're talking advanced techniques. Not all dealerships are there yet.

PPC Campaigns should be close to 100% acquisition, since your renewals activities should be much different.

If you run a campaign, match sales to leads and realize 50% were existing customers, your campaign is flawed as well as your retention process as your customers are shopping.

Hope this makes sense!

Reactions: Alexander Lau