• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Worth a copy and paste.

Sam here! Long time listener first time caller.

I've been noticing with DDC, and many other sites on the srp they use a single page load app. These are fast since the page doesn't reload. However, the data is gone when the customer leaves as it is not a static resource. Titles and descriptions don't update either so you have zero chance of winning any search value. We can talk about the URL structure that humans nor robots can deciper as well, which certainly doesn't help.

There is a way to save these queries as static landing pages with dynamically injected content. This is called a SLUG. From here, things like structured data allow key features to be searched such as year make model trim transmission and color.
Sites like DEP I've seen actually base all their VDP content off of structured data, so the page formats around the data provided.
DDC from what I've seen, has no structured vehicle data.

I wrote a javascript app to yank all the elements supported by schema.org and format in json+ld at scale, but it doesn't work on the ddc sites I've tested on since there are not individually identifiable classes in their page structure.

Sorry if this is long, confusing, or formatted poorly as I'm on mobile preparing for snowmagedon in Atlanta but wanted to get it up soon at the recommendation of Alex Lau.

The more I watch the moves of Uberall, the more I realize dealers should be using their platform. It's got everything you need for control, citations, local SEO and reputation. There are a ton of groups that have white labeled their platform over the years (DealerRater, etc.). I've barked positively about Vendasta, but truth be told it's Uberall software.

27 of the Biggest SEO Mistakes Damaging Websites in 2020

image.webp

• Useful
Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Is anyone doing a solid job with SEO in the automotive space? It's kinda like snake oil and there are lots of great pitches but not much that I've seen move the needle. Any needle movers out there?
At Autorevo we tailor the SEO to the needs of each individual dealer. Tailored, unique on and off-site content and link building. We have SEO professionals building and maintaining the content whereas many companies focus on algorithmic strategies that equates to a one size fits all approach.