• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

FRIKINtech: Alex's new role and what it means for DealerRefresh

What's the over/under wager on a name change date?
-or-
What's the over/under wager on how many clients before a name change?

So far, our FRIKIN name has created a lot of laughs :thumbup:

Those laughs are coming from dealers, prospective employees, and major accredited investors. In this day and age, where everyone is so frightened of tripping on someone's feelings, it seems to be relieving to the people we talk to that we aren't a bunch of politically-correct-talking-out-the-side-of-our-mouths-bullshitting assholes. Conversations are much more relaxed, honest, and full of colorful adjectives :rofl:

So far, our FRIKIN name has created a lot of laughs :thumbup:

Those laughs are coming from dealers, prospective employees, and major accredited investors. In this day and age, where everyone is so frightened of tripping on someone's feelings, it seems to be relieving to the people we talk to that we aren't a bunch of politically-correct-talking-out-the-side-of-our-mouths-bullshitting assholes. Conversations are much more relaxed, honest, and full of colorful adjectives :rofl:
BEST POST EVER!

SOOOOOOO.....digital retailing with a desking tool wrapped up in a slick package.....I like it......But we only want to use the green/red/black sharpies with blue screen, our showroom computers still run Windows XP, and we don't believe in giving prices. Am I FRIK'd?

Digital Retailing isn't something I'd say we do. Besides, I don't think true digital retailing exists, and what the things are that claim they do it is just another lead generation device.

We are further down the funnel. You are already communicating with the customer. That person has sent you a lead, is in your showroom, has a lease expiring, is in your service drive, or someone just wanting a number. We give you the flexibility to choose how you present a car or your entire inventory in lease payments, loan payments, or a cash deal based on an endless number of lending programs available. Your customer, in turn, is able to quickly figure out either: a) what's the deal on this car and/or b) what cars can they afford from you.

If you decide to put a special deal together for that customer, in lieu of sticking to the defaults (we call that the first pass), you can pencil the deal in less than 5 seconds. What used to take a desk manager checking through programs, applicable rebates, and details on the car is already done. Now that manager simply says "I want to make this much on the deal" and we show the options that fit your profit desires.

It is much closer to a desking solution than a digital retailing solution. We decided to knock the hard part out first ;)

What used to take a desk manager checking through programs, applicable rebates, and details on the car is already done.
There is no way you are 100% accurate with GM Rebates - absolutely no way. Unless you somehow have access to build codes and options, supplier/employee prices with supplier/employee dealer cash, etc. I've never seen it accomplished. And it's not a knock on this product, but rather the complexity of GM's rebates and incentives.

I've never seen it accomplished. And it's not a knock on this product, but rather the complexity of GM's rebates and incentives.

No Josh? Via the magic and wonder of mergers and acquisitions, I know your favorite desking tool no longer exists, but we came pretty darn close, no?

At least, we had a bunch of happy GM dealers (at least as happy as GM dealers could be... hahaha ;))