• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Elead how to: auto populate a template.

BillH

Boss
Dec 17, 2009
Awards
First Name
Bill
I'm trying to build a new template to streamline our process. On cars that are in stock, with a stock number, I've pulled MSRP, (done) and I want to insert the value created by a pricing rule for a predetermined "internet price" IOW, X model is invoice less $500. Elead support says it doesn't work that way.

So, how are other dealers auto populating the prices?

I cannot get any of the merge codes to pull this number. Any ideas, or a better workaround?

Thanks in advance.

I've got the inventory in ELead. I must be missing something, I've seen other dealers with a template that has the pricing pushed into the email, IOW, hands off for the BDC rep. The fields are in the system, they are telling me that there is no way to pull the rull into the template, all model X invoice less $500, etc. The number is in the system, and it pulls the MSRP in fine.

I'm surprised if there is not a way to autofill fixed discounts into the email.

@BillH Do you have access to the pricing rules? This may help you. Also, there may be an Auto Quote product ELeads offers that the other dealers are using as well. I do know if you make a pricing rule, it effects the price of the vehicle in ELeads ($500 Below Invoice, etc...). I haven't used this. I just cracked open ELeads and found it in the CRM Setup section
upload_2019-3-5_16-31-56.png

I'm sure your gonna have to play around with these fields In the templates section

upload_2019-3-5_16-36-56.png

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
@BillH Do you have access to the pricing rules? This may help you. Also, there may be an Auto Quote product ELeads offers that the other dealers are using as well. I do know if you make a pricing rule, it effects the price of the vehicle in ELeads ($500 Below Invoice, etc...). I haven't used this. I just cracked open ELeads and found it in the CRM Setup section
View attachment 4076

I'm sure your gonna have to play around with these fields In the templates section

View attachment 4077

Hi Rick!

Thanks for this, yes, I'm admin. I have this and cannot get the merge codes to function the way I want. If I do MSRP, it picks it up in the template, but my goal is to set the pricing in the tool so that the reps don't have to figure the internet price for each car. IE: pick a stock number, pull the quote template and the MSRP and Internet Price autofill. It seems like a typical function, but support tells me it doesn't do it.

I've tried all the obvious suspects. No joy....

Any other things I can try?

Thanks!!
Bill

In ELeads for our Stores, It doesn't give me the option to edit the Internet Price field via a Pricing Rule. I think that may be an additional feature we aren't paying for. IDK. If you have that option in your account, you should be able to set a pricing rule to add / reduce by percentage or $$$$. The rule will overwrite your pricing in eleads for that field though. I would think you would then use a merge code like this one "<{SoughtVehicleInternetPrice}> " to populate your Internet Sale Price into the template. Outside of that, you would have to edit and control the pricing upstream somewhere before it gets to ELeads and have them to map that price to a field in the CRM which they can do. You may have to twist a couple of arms to do it but, they can.

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
In ELeads for our Stores, It doesn't give me the option to edit the Internet Price field via a Pricing Rule. I think that may be an additional feature we aren't paying for. IDK. If you have that option in your account, you should be able to set a pricing rule to add / reduce by percentage or $$$$. The rule will overwrite your pricing in eleads for that field though. I would think you would then use a merge code like this one "<{SoughtVehicleInternetPrice}> " to populate your Internet Sale Price into the template. Outside of that, you would have to edit and control the pricing upstream somewhere before it gets to ELeads and have them to map that price to a field in the CRM which they can do. You may have to twist a couple of arms to do it but, they can.

I have a rep inside Elead working on it, it does show if you use the inventory button, but only shows the "internet price"... I'm trying to pull the fixed discounted number into my template to make it easier for the reps to send the pricing. I'm not sure it can happen, but I'll keep trying. I can't find a merge code to correspond with the price rule number. maybe it won't work...

@BillH, The way it was explained to me is, The pricing rule you create is going to rewrite and effect that pricing field in and throughout your ELeads system. Ex: If you reduce all XYZ models Internet price by $500, the rule will rewrite all of XYZ models Internet Price $500 below the imported price thats mapped to the Internet Price field. By doing that you should be able to use a template to insert your discounted Internet Price value using a merge code like this one "<{SoughtVehicleInternetPrice}> " . I haven't heard of a merge code referencing a pricing rule. The merge codes reference a data field. You use the pricing rule to edit the data field (Internet Price) and set your merge code in your template to reference that data field.