• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Behind Yelp fake reviews

Last June my business was cyber attacked by an online group supporting a Bar that went out of business next to mine. After repeated requests to Yelp, they finally removed, all but one of the fake reviews. Kyle K., supposedly conducted business with me and I, allegedly, provided him a horrible customer experience. Anyone who knows me can see right through this, but those who are looking for my services are seeing a 3.8 rating with issues in customer service. This person has a fake account, no picture and has only 1 review, that just happens to be a review for my Company. Yelp has hidden all of my legitimate reviews and left only one positive and one FAKE. Now to top it off Yelp keeps blocking new reviews by new clients. This is something they are known for. There are several petitions out there and many complaints to the BBB and the Federal Trade Commission. Yelp is trying to force me to pay them to remove this FAKE. Please join me in complaining to the BBB and the Commission. Stop Yelp's Extortion of small business. If you question my intent just google "Fake Yelp Reviews" and you will see what I am talking about.

None of this surprises me. I'm sure I speak for most of our community - https://forum.dealerrefresh.com/threads/why-yelp-should-seriously-eat-s-and-die.3810

Reactions: Alexander Lau