• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
The actual message being sent to Millennials is “the world is going to end in 12 years, so you should think twice before bringing kids into this world.”

And there are thousands of university students who believe this.
A culture of overwork and an obsession with career status, a fear of becoming emotionally involved and losing control, an online-dating milieu that privileges physical appearance above all, anxieties surrounding consent, and an uptick in the use of libido-busting antidepressants?

Whichever it is, it ain't helping future economic outlooks in the USA (and that cannot be argued) and if there are dumb shits preaching that the sky is falling to a plethora of chicken littles (more than likely), then they're creating a "cobra effect."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect The cobra effect occurs when an attempted solution to a problem makes the problem worse, as a type of unintended consequence. *See teen pregnancy scare tactics.

At running the risk of sounding like a punk kid I think THE biggest problem (in the industry) we face stems from Gen x'ers, and the overlap we (as millennials) are having to deal with; Specifically in regards to decision makes and their lack of technological capabilities. The industry is in it's prime today more so than even 20 years ago when a smooth talking salesman was all that was needed to close a deal. That being said because experience for the most part is judged by "time in service", most decision makers today are gen x'ers who are right on the verge of going from a valued asset to a financial hinderance. Unfortunately most ownership will take years to realize this, and so for a majority of the (very capable) millennials in the industry it's a waiting game until the gen x'ers realize this is a "young mans" game

At running the risk of sounding like a punk kid I think THE biggest problem (in the industry) we face stems from Gen x'ers, and the overlap we (as millennials) are having to deal with; Specifically in regards to decision makes and their lack of technological capabilities. The industry is in it's prime today more so than even 20 years ago when a smooth talking salesman was all that was needed to close a deal. That being said because experience for the most part is judged by "time in service", most decision makers today are gen x'ers who are right on the verge of going from a valued asset to a financial hinderance. Unfortunately most ownership will take years to realize this, and so for a majority of the (very capable) millennials in the industry it's a waiting game until the gen x'ers realize this is a "young mans" game
You just wait until Generation Z comes along and tells you the same thing.

Reactions: john.quinn
I have never felt compelled to speak for, or against, my own generation or anyone else's. I know schmucks and saints of all ages. I prefer to make my judgments on a case-by-case basis.
Funny you should say that, today it seems as if you do hold someone accountable (especially within the confines of the current, younger generation(s)) you're deemed "racist" or "sexist" or whichever stupid shit acronym the Twitter-verse creates.

:thinker:

• Dislike
Reactions: Brian Michael West
Jussie-Smollett-mugshot-600x372.jpg

Poster boy!

• Dislike
Reactions: Brian Michael West