• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Subaru Dealers - How do you market your SSLPs?

RossS

Full Sticker
Jun 23, 2017
First Name
Ross
Subaru Dealers, how do you deal with SSLP units? Have you found a way to keep them from showing as a used vehicle on listing sites?
Our SSLPs are still New vehicles, but Subaru keeps them marked as Used, which really hurts the visibility of those units on websites like CarGurus. Since they are priced as new vehicles, while shown as used, CarGurus rates them as "Overpriced" and they show horribly in searches. They are also completely filtered out of search results for New Subaru units.

Has anyone found a workaround or a better way to handle this?

I appreciate any insight.

I've been in Subaru stores for over 5 years, and have always had SSLPs listed as used, once we pull them out of service, market them as CPO. Each month, we write the cars down a certain amount, charged to Service. With the per-day payments SOA is paying for rentals right now, we have been able to make the SSLP program nearly cost neutral. This also helps make the CPO SSLP inventory more cost effective vs new for the listing site price grades..

Reactions: Marc Lavoie
I've been in Subaru stores for over 5 years, and have always had SSLPs listed as used, once we pull them out of service, market them as CPO. Each month, we write the cars down a certain amount, charged to Service. With the per-day payments SOA is paying for rentals right now, we have been able to make the SSLP program nearly cost neutral. This also helps make the CPO SSLP inventory more cost effective vs new for the listing site price grades..

Thank you, our owner thinks we can work around it. But best I can find, all other dealers do the same and we don't really have a choice.

Reactions: Marc Lavoie