• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Craigslist change... Have you been affected

They are doing this in some sections. Again is to stop auto posting soft ware is the aim of the change. Services and manual posting tools should not be a big deal.

Interesting enough, within 1 day of this change, I noticed several of these auto posting software already fixed it to keep going...

Have a great weekend all.

Is t is gone for us now. Maybe just testing, maybe didn;t work, but definatelly looking to stop autoposters.

BWAFUCKINGHAHA...

Mueller Report states craigslist used by Russians during election
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/mueller-report-states-craigslist-used-russians-during-greg-collier

That article offers no relevant information at all;

The Russians used Craigslist to hire fake Santa's to wear Trumps face around NYC? The Russians could have used (and may be they did) one hundred other sources to hire fake Santa's. The article tries to portrait Craigslist as if they did something wrong in their "hire by the hour jobs section". The relevant information is not that the Russians used Craigslist.

After that unfounded accusation the article moves to "they may also" as nothing else can be proven.

So here we are; Russia used a local for hire board. Good to know.

Greg Collier, the article writer, then moves to accuse Craigslist of possible "hate of speech" and "political agitation" which he links to prove these allegations to his own articles which have 0 comments in his own blog (note may be poor readership?). Who is the agitator here?

It is my opinion that Craigslist has been an open forum for local communities and that Craigslist doesn't moderate these to leave it open for political influence so it is community moderated. Craigslist was the first community blog to enforce then completely eliminate while working with the FBI ads and posts that were promoting sexual exploitation.

But this is the world we have, we help spread accusations from a blog written by the owner of a website called
https://geebo.com which happens to be an exact copy of Craigslist... and we think is OK.

That article offers no relevant information at all;

The Russians used Craigslist to hire fake Santa's to wear Trumps face around NYC? The Russians could have used (and may be they did) one hundred other sources to hire fake Santa's. The article tries to portrait Craigslist as if they did something wrong in their "hire by the hour jobs section". The relevant information is not that the Russians used Craigslist.

After that unfounded accusation the article moves to "they may also" as nothing else can be proven.

So here we are; Russia used a local for hire board. Good to know.

Greg Collier, the article writer, then moves to accuse Craigslist of possible "hate of speech" and "political agitation" which he links to prove these allegations to his own articles which have 0 comments in his own blog (note may be poor readership?). Who is the agitator here?

It is my opinion that Craigslist has been an open forum for local communities and that Craigslist doesn't moderate these to leave it open for political influence so it is community moderated. Craigslist was the first community blog to enforce then completely eliminate while working with the FBI ads and posts that were promoting sexual exploitation.

But this is the world we have, we help spread accusations from a blog written by the owner of a website called
https://geebo.com which happens to be an exact copy of Craigslist... and we think is OK.
That's funny considering that Tech Crunch was sourced. Again, hahaha!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/18/a...ussians-used-to-manipulate-the-2016-election/

That's funny considering that Tech Crunch was sourced. Again, hahaha!

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/18/a...ussians-used-to-manipulate-the-2016-election/

If you read Techcruch, their only confirmed allegation is that Craigslist was used to hire fake Santa's. The article also states that pretty much every other single available platform in the US was used for similar actions.

So what is the news here? that the Russians used the Internet?

At least Techcrunch article is ABOUT the fact that Craigslist was used as a platform (see tittle!) and it doesn't add false accusations like Greg Collier did.

I'm glad that find it funny and that spreading false accusations is ok with you, but I think it is a disservice to those that may just read the headlines and form the wrong perception about a company.

The damage the the Russians did continues by our internal spread of accusations that further affect the perception of our companies and institutions.

If you read Techcruch, their only confirmed allegation is that Craigslist was used to hire fake Santa's. The article also states that pretty much every other single available platform in the US was used for similar actions.

So what is the news here? that the Russians used the Internet?

At least Techcrunch article is ABOUT the fact that Craigslist was used as a platform (see tittle!) and it doesn't add false accusations like Greg Collier did.

I'm glad that find it funny and that spreading false accusations is ok with you, but I think it is a disservice to those that may just read the headlines and form the wrong perception about a company.

The damage the the Russians did continues by our internal spread of accusations that further affect the perception of our companies and institutions.
Touchy, touchy... CL was used! Just because you sell services through it doesn't mean the Russians didn't use it. I never said anything about other websites. I laughed and mentioned the fact it was in Müller's report, which again is hilarious.

Touchy, touchy... CL was used! Just because you sell services through it doesn't mean the Russians didn't use it. I never said anything about other websites. I laughed and mentioned the fact it was in Müller's report, which again is hilarious.

I knew that was coming...

As a company, we are in the BMW, Toyota, Lexus, Kia, Mazda, GM, OEM programs. We sell a tool that allows dealers to build templates for Craigslist. We have no business relationship with Craigslist. We have similar tools for eBay, Google, and Facebook. That tool is much less than 1% of our revenue.

Nice try to build cause.

You are correct that you said--and laugh--about the Muller report, BUT you also added a false and defamatory article as evidence, which is what I wrote about.

I didn't write nor I'm concerned about what things you laugh about, I wrote and I'm concerned when people use links to false articles as if they were evidence of some kind and build a defamatory vision of a company. I don't care what company it is, this is not about Craigslist, is about the built of falsehood that quickly spreads by actions like this.