• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

HA HA, this is absolutely FANTASTIC. Nice find @Jeff Kershner!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Zhendrix
Some updates!!

An investigative documentary about Yelp, titled Billion Dollar Bully produced and directed by Bay Area filmmaker, Kaylie Milliken of Prost Productions launches this month. The film, in which business owners from across a broad spectrum have shared their personal stories of Yelp's questionable business dealings — all of which have been vehemently denied by Yelp — will be available to rent or buy on Amazon and iTunes on May 21st .

Today, consumers Yelp everything, from restaurants to surgeons. The same businesses that receive reviews — good or bad — simultaneously receive phone calls from Yelp salespeople to pay to advertise on Yelp. The small business community sees Yelp’s sales tactics as extortion, as their business’s reviews are filtered in ways that negatively impact their progress if advertisements aren’t purchased. As someone who reports on digital and internet marketing, this film may be of interest to you and your audience.

When Milliken started making this film a few years ago, it received a lot of media attention during her Kickstarter campaign. Yelp's stock dropped about 4% the day after she released the first trailer, which was a $150 million hit to their stock. Obviously, they weren't happy, and mud was slung on various media outlets. We're expecting something similar or worse from Yelp's executives when the film is released.

If you have any interest in speaking with the filmmaker or seeing an advance screener, please email me and I’ll arrange for you to do so.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Thank you. --Andrea