• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Setting up a Photo Booth

Have you seen the photos customers take of their cars to assist in getting trade numbers... They are not something you want to put on your website.

We do quick photos of new arrivals but we ONLY put a photo that HELPS to sell a vehicle. If it doesn't benefit the sale or generating interest in the vehicle it is useless to the ad. So dirty, dented, poorly staged cars, cars with customer plates on them, personal items inside all leave a poor taste in customers' internet mouths.

It seems more dealers are focused on "having photos" rather than having photos that HELP SELL the vehicle.

I have. And it is totally okay for us to disagree.

Not related to a photo booth per se, but we sell a lot of trucks at our store. Does anyone have any unique ways, in a photo, to show consumers the bed length of a truck? It's a question that comes up quite frequently with shoppers via email and phone when looking at our inventory. Sometimes it's tough to tell through a picture.

Was thinking about something like a long ruler or a magnetic ruler that sticks to the truck side to show lengths of the bed. Any ideas?

We have Kent Lund from OVAD.com - from OVAD Custom Stages and Uncle Joe Pistell will also be joining us today due to his expertice in setting up dealer photos booths as well.

RefreshFrdiay_Photosbooth_May24_2019.png

RefreshFriday LIVE Today at 1:00 PM EST
The developer of Carvana's photo booth (Ovad.com) is here to help us explore deep ways to really crush used car photography. Kent Lund of Ovad has some serious experience in this area - look at the Ovad Stages website if you don't believe me!

Joe Pistell brings his real-world experience, from his Used Car King days, into the mix too. If you have ever wondered about how used cars should be photographed, this is the show to listen to.

Like DealerRefresh on Facebook to watch the show and get notified when we go LIVE.

I don't have any space in my shop to build a photo booth. Does any one know of a portable unit or trailer setup I could buy to accomplish this idea. I am thinking something along the lines of a trailer with pop up top and drop down sides like the current fusion/camry commercial. Ideas...suggestions????
Have you thought about a "Kwanza Hut" type of structure. It is low cost and would be well suited for a photo stage. Depending on your throughput, you could call a studio rep (Ovad) and have that stage up and running so efficiently that you could charge your neighboring dealerships for your photographic services and generate additional revenue.