• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CHEAP Website Options

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
"You get what you pay for" be damned. I have a Lincoln franchise and we're forced to maintain a separate, Lincoln specific website. We're hosting that with DealerIspire who I love and is exceptional in many ways. For all their upside, talent, remarkable support etc.. they charge for it. Rightfully so.

I'm sick of a major league bill for our minor league needs. I don't sell enough. :oops:

I need a quality solution that our team can customize and dress up. I don't need bells and whistles, we can add those ourselves or do without them.

If you have suggestions of a partner you feel brings great value I would really appreciate the input!

Not sure how co-op compliance works in Cananda with Lincoln (forddirect), but it would not make sense for us with the current co-op fund spending restrictions in US. The prices of websites are also set per FordDirect, maybe your rep can help?

I would encourage you to speak with Carbase. I don't know what you are paying, and don't know what they would propose. I do know that they have a lot of really strong dealer groups onboard. I also know that when I need help with something, they handle it fast...like really fast. Most times it is handled the same day!

Call Chris Kelly (National Sales Manager). Here is his cell phone (605)906-1193. If you don't get him, send him a text. He does a lot of client calls and meetings. He will always call you back if even to tell you that he doesn't have time to talk.

"You get what you pay for" be damned. I have a Lincoln franchise and we're forced to maintain a separate, Lincoln specific website. We're hosting that with DealerIspire who I love and is exceptional in many ways. For all their upside, talent, remarkable support etc.. they charge for it. Rightfully so.

I'm sick of a major league bill for our minor league needs. I don't sell enough. :oops:

I need a quality solution that our team can customize and dress up. I don't need bells and whistles, we can add those ourselves or do without them.

If you have suggestions of a partner you feel brings great value I would really appreciate the input!

Mitch. I'm a developer who has been very interested in this space. Sites like CG and AutoTrader and Facebook all are good but I've been wanting more. Feel free to drop me a line and let's discuss what you are thinking. i'd also liike to know some information as well...like how can I get a car's options into a website more easily.... drop me a line....let's chat.

Not sure how co-op compliance works in Cananda with Lincoln (forddirect), but it would not make sense for us with the current co-op fund spending restrictions in US. The prices of websites are also set per FordDirect, maybe your rep can help?
Just called Ford direct, they have a loose tie in with Ford Canada but it's not big, bold or beautiful. He started looking and then magically I was hung up on.

I would encourage you to speak with Carbase.
Thx for the lead, will check them out!

Sounds like you're getting sold something that you don't need by the larger companies. You know those con artists that promise you the world (setting all the wrong expectations) and are unable to scale their offering, all the while not giving a flying fuck about you and screwing up your local SEO from the get-go.

*Ask for Carl Maeda @ http://www.autofusion.com/car-dealer-website.html. IMO, for the money, they are the best, but I don't mind https://www.autorevo.com/car-dealer-websites/ and https://www.ebizautos.com/dealer-websites.

*Mind you, that is for the money.