• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
Without a whole lot of specifics, it is hard to make a detailed recommendation Josh. Instead, I will share some things my old dealer group has done in the past.

Getting deliberate with builds
In the 90s and early 00s we were quite conservative with how we stocked Porsches. Black & Silver 911s were the mainstay. And then we got a salesperson who pushed and pushed us to order crazy ones. We tried some weird combos like yellow with a red interior (the Ronald McDonald combo) and a few of the classic retro Porsche colors for that time: acid green and riviera blue for example. And then we made sure the photos were amazing. Lastly, we made sure they were findable online. It didn't take long before the phone started ringing and the questions about the cars switched from "how much can you discount" to "what is your airport code and can you ship this car?" This approach requires a lot:

1. You need an employee who knows what people want
  2. A strong photography process
  3. A capable marketing system/process to make sure it isn't just a radius around your store seeing these cars
  4. Eventually, you'll want to adopt hooks for out of state buyers to make their purchase easier

Special deals with the OEM
During the Ford days of Jaguar, we cut a deal to buy hundreds of S-Types & X-Types with some extra incentives to help us move them. The main draw was to get the X-Type Jag down to a sale price of $23,990 which required stocking handshakers with few features. The S-Type was a nice step up for roughly $5,000 more. Then we advertised the shit out of them! Crazy ads that end-up branding the store as THE place to get a deal on a new Jag. It worked out quite well! When Jag wasn't popular and dealers were only selling 3 to 5 a month we were selling 30 to 50 a month.

It is tough to get outside of the box, but when you do things can work out ;)

We used to conquest (specifically with Luxury) using third party classifieds who could geo-target. Conquest is a low-conversion game to start with, so I recommend you have an AWESOME lead response & follow-up program in-place before you go out and buy "Lexus" (for example) in your competition's back yard.

• Useful
Reactions: craigh
Hello, friends! I'm looking for a great company for conquesting luxury buyers. My dealer group has 6 luxury lines that are slowing, and the competition is gaining market share.

Anyone have a great experience from this expensive tactic? Thanks!

If your dealership has a good CRM and your sales team is properly trained on how to use the CRM, you should by now have a good list of the luxury brand buyers in your market. Problem is most salespeople want to delete and forget somebody when they buy from the other dealer. This is a bad strategy since this type of clientele often leases and will change cars every three years. Your answers are in your CRM!!!

Reactions: Karen Ann
Hello, friends! I'm looking for a great company for conquesting luxury buyers. My dealer group has 6 luxury lines that are slowing, and the competition is gaining market share.

Anyone have a great experience from this expensive tactic? Thanks!

I also just came across this webinar that will help you and your sales team. It's 90 minutes, but apply the things I talk about and I promise you results!

http://www.phoneninjas.com/creating-leads/