• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
I think we need to first start off with what the exact definition of AI

"the theory and development of computer systems able to perform tasks that normally require human intelligence, such as visual perception, speech recognition, decision-making, and translation between languages."

This definition of A.I. gets used so loosely now that it's become a joke.
You can't just do 1 part of it and say that you're doing A.I.

For example, I have a light sensor in my house that detects if I walk past it, then turns the light on.
I no longer have to use intelligence to turn the light on, so it must be A.I., right?
No. Replacing decision making and "not requiring human intelligence" does not mean it is A.I.

A.I. requires that the system is actually replacing a function that humans were doing, that requires real intelligence.
This comes down to data analysis and decision making, not just data analysis and not just decision making.
If it only does one or the other, it's not A.I. it's skip logic or if/then statements.

Watson is actually doing some real A.I., but even it has failed miserably at many of its tasks, proving that it lacks the ability to demonstrate real intelligence.
https://spectrum.ieee.org/biomedica...promised-and-underdelivered-on-ai-health-care

We have similar AI built into some of our products and platforms that remove the human intelligence and decision-making process.

Last edited:
Elon-Musk-compares-AI-to-demons.jpg