TabFlythe

4 Pounder
Apr 12, 2019
First Name
Tabitha
Yep, Pinterest. There are growing advertising opportunities with this social media platform that our agency is going to keep an eye on. Pinning isn't just for saving the latest recipes or DIY trends; it's for consumers in their research phase of the car buying process.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 11.06.11 AM.png

Check out our latest blog that digs into a case study conducted by Pinterest and Toyota for the launch of the redesigned Avalon in 2018 and how these ad practices can apply to the individual dealership.

Still skeptical? That's okay.

SocialMediaToday.com just released a blog today that uncovers data from Oracle Data Cloud regarding Pinterest users and "early adopters for new car models" that are:
  • 28% more likely to buy a new vehicle within the first 90 days of a release
  • 31% more likely to buy a new SUV model after a new release
  • 13% more likely to buy a new truck model after a new release

I love this! Pinterest has evolved SO much over the past years, and it's awesome to see this post applying it to the world of car dealers. The Marketing training I've had talked about Pinterest and how it's being used, but never in a way for vehicles.

Thanks so much :D

Reactions: TabFlythe
I love this! Pinterest has evolved SO much over the past years, and it's awesome to see this post applying it to the world of car dealers. The Marketing training I've had talked about Pinterest and how it's being used, but never in a way for vehicles.

Thanks so much :D

Welcome, @Brittany! The data is so compelling. If nothing else, dealers should be checking out what their OEM is doing on the platform and assess how some of that strategy can be applied to their own marketing.

PLUS, the industry is well aware of the importance of the female shopper. With 80% of mothers in the U.S. being active users on Pinterest, there are definitely opportunities for dealers to build brand awareness and trust with the female shopper.

Here's another awesome reference direct from the female consumer: https://business.pinterest.com/en/pinnerstory/meet-kris

• Useful
Reactions: Brittany
80% mothers are
..... With 80% of mothers in the U.S. being active users on Pinterest, there are definitely opportunities for dealers to build brand awareness and trust with the female shopper....
This is very interesting since my price range has been popular for first time buyers with mothers bringing their 16-18 year olds. I am going to have to start spending some time on Pinterest. :D

Every single media out there is worth looking into.

You simply have to assess if:

1) It's easy enough to advertise there
2) Volume is sufficient for a local business to advertise
3) You can track KPIs

and most importantly, 4) You're willing to craft the offer in line with the target market.

For example, you could appeal to DIYers on Pinterest, with an SUV that's Roomy for kids but also when loading up old furniture from Craigslist!

The errors most dealers do is create one single message and spray all sources. Then determine which media is good or not. With proper offer creation, there's a way for everyone to make any media resonate.

If I was to talk about chocolate here on DR, it wouldn't mean I'm not relevant, just not relevant HERE.

I would not be aligning Media / Message correctly.

If anyone here tries Pinterest, align the message with the Audience, and let us know how it goes :)

The inclusion of so much sponsored content is moving me away from Pinterest. I'm on there searching for things I can make for the house or for the yard (I like to turn trees into furniture or art) and getting the most irrelevant sponsored items now. It has driven me away from using the platform.

And that is the point @Mark Daniels is making on #4. You need to craft the offer in-line with the space you're advertising on. Dealers, this means you can't just pepper every spot of the Internet with payments, rebates, and prices.

If you're going to advertise on Pinterest you will win more customers by focusing on things that show people in the cars or DIY topics. If you do tackle Pinterest successfully the added benefit is more Instagram content.

Reactions: Brittany