• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Dealer.com VDP Not Sending Events

John V.

Boss
Jan 15, 2015
Awards
First Name
John
I'll spare you the back and forth I have had with DDC but in short:
  1. Are you on the new VDP design from DDC? : the rVDP with the larger photos
  2. Are you tracking events in Google analytics for your website?
  3. If you answered YES to 1 & 2 please check and see if you are getting VDP events in your GA account?
The day we switched to the new VDP design all the VDP events (photo clicks, forms views, etc) stopped completely. They told me to get with Google and there was nothing they could do. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem? I attached some images for reference.

Attachments

• vdpeventissue1.jpg
    vdpeventissue1.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 11
  • vdpeventissue2.png
    vdpeventissue2.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 11
Hello John,
I sent this post to one of our digital advisors and she told me she sees events being sent in to Google Analytics.

When the mega menu is clicked, an event is sent into UA-100206026-3, UA-42698310-1, UA-53568625-1 and UA-9899509-3.

However, when she clicks on the VDP gallery carousel, only one of the accounts gets that event, UA-9899509-3.

It looks like the VDP gallery carousel click event (and other events) needs to be sent to a different account

Hope this helps,

-Carl

It looks like the VDP gallery carousel click event (and other events) needs to be sent to a different account

Hi Carl - Yes, that is what I am seeing - I am getting all my usual events but anything that has to do with the VDP is gone. They claim that my GA code is present on the site but my UA code is not receiving events. To me, it looks like they are only sending events to one UA account.

In your opinion; they claim that it is a google issue. I am arguing that it is a DDC issue. What are you thoughts?

I just did a reverse UA code look up on the one event that was firing - its on 240 other websites according to the free search that I ran. Both former and current Dealer.com sites. Not sure if that means they all share the same vendor or what but its pretty fishy.....