• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Inventory Management Software

Yeah I am working toward that exact route of executing the integration plan. In any case I would suggest at least giving eLeads a look as they have become quite the conglomerate hence the name change from eLeads to eLeads1 meaning one provider for all things inventory, crm, appraisal, and desking related. They can take it as far as you want and we have pretty much all of it and our cost is very very very minimal. Put it this way. We pay 3 times as much for a basic package through autotrader. I can even listen to all of the calls for the day in one screen. Their pricing matrix were far simpler than Homenet because they sort down to trim where homenet stops at model code. If you are a Chrysler store you will understand the frustration there. I also don't have to look up rebates when setting my matrices because it pulls them based on OEM down to trim and you can include or not any additional rebates like college, military, whatever, just by checking the boxes.

When I desk a deal in eLeads, as soon as we make the deal and post to dealertrack and ADP the vehicle becomes unavailable and pulls from the web on the next feed which I think is like 7 times a day! It's been awesome so far and like I said before, my support guy is the best of any company we do business with

All I'm saying is if you are looking it's worth the look.

My biggest frustration is driving traffic to dealer websites that are poorly merchandised. Trucks at $50,000 that are not styled correctly missing important information like 4X4, Diesel, Navigation, King Ranch and sunroof. These dealerships need an "idiot proof" inventory management system even the most lazy Internet Director or Used Car Manager can/will use.

I'm not exaggerating. It isn't as rare as you might think. I have a store with 3 used F250s and 3 used F350s. All are diesels. All but one are 4X4s. All but one are hard loaded and none had that in the descriptions. You had to click on the vehicle then click on options to see that equipment. Their new Trucks were the same way. :banghead:

Reactions: 2 people
I was telling a neighbor, "A friend asked me to look at his client's dealer website." "They are complaining about the bounce rate being too high." Before I could finish, she said, "they don't have prices". She launched in on, "that's so frustrating!" "I'm not going to call!" "They do that because their price is too high!". Her, husband said, "I just look somewhere else".

That was an actual conversation. She was right on. Most of their vehicles don't even list MSRP. They have highly customized trucks with four pictures, no description and Call for Price. Was is the customer going to ask? "Can you tell me about the truck?"

Sadly, they don't plan to change a thing. I was told that it would take two people to write descriptions for new cars. They have 400 vehicles which is likely a 6 month supply.

Alex,
What aggregator would you recommend for a third party vendor (we have a print magazine where auto dealers buy ads each month that is distributed locally) to updated display inventory on your website each day. Most of the aggregators are understandably focused on dealer business but was curious if you knew any providers more geared towards providing 3rd party inventory feeds. Any feedback would be great.

Coming from outside Automotive Retail I have found that when Inventory Management is mentioned that vAuto is brought up.
However, I have been hard-pressed to find any way that vAuto answers any of the basic questions that true Inventory Management answers.
With that, I co-wrote an article explaining what Inventory Management is, complete with references, with Scott Dreisbach of Valuinsight.
Anyone who wishes to learn bout Inventory Management and what it is supposed to do for you can read the article at https://www.valuinsight.com/what-inventory-management-really-is/