• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Changes for Voice Search - Digital 1 Group

Christopher Reggie

Rust & Dust
Jul 31, 2019
Awards
First Name
Christopher
Google made another change to increase the utilization of Voice Search...did you notice?

Google just rolled out the anticipated change to it’s rapidly expanding Voice Search product for desktop search input on The Chrome browser.

Digital 1 has been anticipating the most recent change Google just executed with the location of the microphone icon on its Chrome browser. After significant testing and research, Google has moved the location of the microphone icon on its Chrome browser, in an effort to increase to raise awareness and utilization of desktop voice searches. The move is designed to make voice searches easier and to significantly increase the number of voice searches via the Chrome browser.

image (8).png

Any updates around Voice Search? I haven't heard much about it lately, but then again maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I did however stumble across this article.

2021-03-02_14-54-03.gif

Anyone find themselves using voice search more often than they were a year ago?

Any updates around Voice Search? I haven't heard much about it lately, but then again maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. I did however stumble across this article.

View attachment 5364

Anyone find themselves using voice search more often than they were a year ago?
I’ve never met anybody who shopped for a car, did car research, or tried to schedule a service visit for their car with voice search.

Maybe they’re out there, but I don’t know any. I always try to think ahead, but this one has always left me scratching my head. Just seems like the wrong way to do it.

I think there's some confusion between "voice searches" and "voice to text when searching".
I use voice to text in Google all the time, but only to enter the search query.

I don't know anyone who uses just voice search, Google Assistant or Siri to get anything more than a simple answer to a question.

1615380077545.png

I think there's some confusion between "voice searches" and "voice to text when searching".
I use voice to text in Google all the time, but only to enter the search query.

I don't know anyone who uses just voice search, Google Assistant or Siri to get anything more than a simple answer to a question.

View attachment 5373
Bingo. When I hear the term voice searches, I’m thinking of someone talking to the person in a can on the other side of the room - echo, HomePod, google whatever it’s called.

Reactions: craigh