• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I-Phone App Integration with Websites

Alex S. - I may have caused a little confusion with the way I worded it. Someone in one of our stores recently came to me with the idea that there may be an i-phone app for dealerwebsites. I don't think it's necessarily service specific but is supposedly very user friendly for setting service appts. I haven't had a chance to sit down and look at the iphone to see if this is the case. With dealer.com we have our mobile sites and this was my first response, but I was told again that this with an iphone app. I'm not an iphone guy so it would take me some time to decipher the difference even if I did sit down with a phone. Here are some sites below that I have been told have an app for the dealer site. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Honda Mall of GA
Greg May Honda
Alan Honda
Atlanta Honda
Astoria Honda

Dealer.com does have mobile sites, but not an actual iPhone app. There was a company at NADA who was making iPhone apps for dealers that Jeff covered a little here: 2010 NADA Expo Walk & Vendor Review – #2010NADA - DealerApp is their name: DealerApp - Your dealer group on the iTunes App Store! - I don't know much about them other than what those two links show.

I can tell you that I've been looking into building an iPhone app for DealerRefresh and can say that the development costs are the tough part. Of all the companies I've spoken to they've gotten hung-up on how to integrate these forums. The blog - no problem, but also a waste of money in my opinion (RSS Readers for that). Why do I bring this up? I've also been thinking about developing an app for Checkered Flag. We get stuck on service as well because we use XTime as our service scheduling piece. It is still a few years behind the progressive technologies, but still competitive in the Fixed Ops world. I really hope we all start pushing our technology companies to do more for Fixed Ops this year!

Hello everyone. The company at NADA that showcased iPhone Apps for Auto Dealers is called Zocalo Labs and the App is called DealerApp. I am one of the founders of the company. We pride ourselves in creating professional quality mobile Apps for Auto Dealers. The App is loaded with functionality and truly gives the dealer a competitve edge. The customer is able to get directions, view hours, request a part, schedule a service appointment, view videos, browse inventory and more. We are constantly adding features and improving the look. You can learn more about the App and request additional info at www.getdealerapp.com.