• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Jan Evans

Full Sticker
Jul 28, 2021
Awards
First Name
Jan
Hello everyone! I am looking to add a few more credit unions & banks to my store. We have been in business 70+ years so no problem there. I noticed at one of the old stores I worked at they had credit unions offering 135% Front End+++ I just cant remember who. Our best credit union offers 130%+++ at the moment. We are located in Washington State. Any recommendations? Or if anyone has a strategy on how to find these credit unions/banks that would be awesome too.

I'll see what I can do @Jeff Kershner

Hey @Jan Evans - can you give me the zip code for your store? My company pulls rates/residuals/incentives to build payments from ~1,400 lenders. I may be able to get a loose idea of which lenders might be worth looking at without you being a client of ours.

Are you just looking for a strong LTV or is used car leasing something you're after too?

@Alex Snyder Our zip code is 98801. I am kind of a nerd when it comes to this stuff so I like reading rate sheets and finding the best flats, LTV, Back-end allowance, high terms low amount financed, best APR compared to score, best first time buyer programs, etc...

I enjoy the car business its so fun. But I don't have too many role models to look up to anymore for information and recommendations so always trying to learn. I've been watching Refresh Fridays for awhile and lurking these threads. Thank you guys for providing this awesome site and tools for education.

Are you on CUDL? I was at an independent store (limited banks) in Portland OR and CUDL was a game changer/life saver. Advantis, Oregon Community CU, Unitus, Fibre, PNW, First Tech are all ones I used regularly enough to remember their names over a year later.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Are you on CUDL? I was at an independent store (limited banks) in Portland OR and CUDL was a game changer/life saver. Advantis, Oregon Community CU, Unitus, Fibre, PNW, First Tech are all ones I used regularly enough to remember their names over a year later.
Yes we are on CUDL. And thank you for the recommendations I will look into them. OCCU has been one of my favorites for a couple years now. No mileage or year cap.

Reactions: AutoAlex
@Alex Snyder Our zip code is 98801. I am kind of a nerd when it comes to this stuff so I like reading rate sheets and finding the best flats, LTV, Back-end allowance, high terms low amount financed, best APR compared to score, best first time buyer programs, etc...

I enjoy the car business its so fun. But I don't have too many role models to look up to anymore for information and recommendations so always trying to learn. I've been watching Refresh Fridays for awhile and lurking these threads. Thank you guys for providing this awesome site and tools for education.

Give me a little time to look it up (today is a board meeting day).

Always happy to help a fellow nerd! Glad DealerRefresh has been a resource for you - that makes my day.

I did a little playing with various used cars. I played with Hyundais, Hondas, Fords, etc.

Here's a little example of what a screen looks like where I'm messing around. The tool is hunting for the best payment in this case, but I played with a bunch of different scenarios to give you a list of banks to check out. This is also TODAY's data. It can all change tomorrow.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 3.20.31 PM.png

The usuals who came back as the best in some cases: Ally, Regional Acceptance, US Bank, Chase, DRIVRZ Financial

The unusual lenders who popped up in decent running: Alaska U.S.A. FCU, Potlatch No. 1 FCU, Kitsap FCU, West America Bank, Balboa Auto Finance Division, SCE FCU, Unify FCU

• Alaska FCU is dominating Ford Fusions & VW Atlas in your zip code today
  • DRIVRZ is decent on used leases for Honda Civic, RAM 1500,
  • SCE FCU is looking good on Jeep Wranglers today with Unify FCU trailing closely - Westlake is in third place here
If there are any particular Make/Models you'd like me to run I can do that.