• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Vehicle Video Solutions

I don't know...been there and done all this when I was with MileOne.

You need to have complete dedication. Even with the recourses I had at hand, it was not easy to get it done and be consistent with it.

Heck, it's hard enough to find people / vendors that can take quality photos.

If we all had a Christine!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of showing more personality by picking up a Flip cam and doing the walk around and pitch off the cuff. With so many cars coming and going the solution has to be easy, quick and cheap!

We sell 500 used units a month and our goal is to video each one. Here is an example our "process"

My assistant forgot to comment about the condition of the paint and interior. :yell: I'll bend his ear later this am.

Jeff,

I'm assuming you meant Christine....which, effectively you could "have your own"(the writer and talent in Checkered Flag's videos). All you'd need is to find a spokesperson you like in the same location as your video production company (which doesn't even need to be local). Of course, you'd need to provide the scripts, where Christine and Alex do that for CF, and need a production company that does green screen, but if you shoot 3-6 vids at the same time your cost per video would not be that bad only having to pay the talent and studio for one session.

This of course does not apply to walkarounds, only general model, service, specials, or other vids that would have a longer life span on your website.

And I don't know this, but Alex MIGHT even sell you his scripts if you're not in the same market. Just kidding...;)

Ryan - I think your video looks good. I have not seen a correlation between video quality and the amount of exposure a video receives. It almost "hurts my eyes" to watch the first video I have posted below but it has almost 20,000 views. We did this video back in 2008. The video below it has just over 4,000 views and is of better quality and over a year old.

We continue to do video and I'd like to think they are quite a bit better than the videos we have posted below although not at the level of some of the previous posts. Also, it's interesting that when I compare a "genuine" used car video walk around to a "stringed together picture video" that is pushed to You Tube I see very little difference in number of views and/or engagement with the customer.

Joe - I think that is a SWEET concept for a used car video where the gentleman let's people know it was his car and goes on to talk about it a little. I think it gives the consumer great information they can actually use when making a purchase decision.

Almost 20,000 Views...HUH? It's too long and blurry but for some reason people watch it

Alex- Thanks for the kind words...you are far too hard on yourself sir. I'm going to agree with Joe and suggest that the reason that you have so many views is because of your ability to "tell the story." You definitely have a gift...I'd also bet that a very high percentage of those 20k views watched the entire video. If that is what you were doing 2 years ago I'd really like to see what you are putting out today!

Thanks for the kind words Joe.
I won't take all the credit for what we do. We have a team that always has input on what they would like to see in the videos we do.
Ryan - We are in the process our making some changes to improve our video quality. I will try to post when those changes have been implemented.
Thanks...