• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

New Website Provider

Sorry to burst your bubble Ghen, but I am going to be posting an article titled something along the lines of "Flash is Whack for a dealership website". The days of big flashy websites needs to be reconsidered in a MAJOR way! And Flash is the code that it is at the heart of those websites.

I'm sure not going to make any friends with this article.

Sorry to burst your bubble Ghen, but I am going to be posting an article titled something along the lines of "Flash is Whack for a dealership website". The days of big flashy websites needs to be reconsidered in a MAJOR way! And Flash is the code that it is at the heart of those websites.

I'm sure not going to make any friends with this article.

porterford.com has some flash but works without it. I pulled it up on my iPad and it looked just fine.

porterford.com has some flash but works without it. I pulled it up on my iPad and it looked just fine.

Did you try to do anything with the inventory? Telling me I need at least Flash Player 8.

EDIT: I was in the showroom tool. That requires flash. But when I went back to double-check myself, I realized that I didn't go to the actual inventory which works fine on an iPad.

However, the main graphical part of the site requires flash and I suggest rethinking about that part Ghen.

I wonder what type of flash this is? I see it on my iPad fine too. I was under the impression that all flash didnt work with Apples Safari Browser.

It isn't working on the iPad in full. Look at the site on a regular computer while looking at it on the iPad. It is useable on the iPad, but not fully functional.

....neither is my site. Our videos are all flash based, so none of them work on the iPad.

We got off to a pretty rocky start with them, and it has pretty much stayed that way. A couple of times I have felt as though we were making progress, then our "advocate" or whatever they call them gets changed. All in all we are just looking forward to the day our contract is done. I like Richard and all, but I just can't say it has went well for us.

I was under the impression that most FLASH was adobe 9?

@mitch galant - Is there an upgrade to safari I may be missing to view different types of Flash?

I am researching this more, I need to find out what type of flash code to use going forward with our website to make it relevent to most browsers including the increasing use of Apples Safari.