• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Video chat with desktop sharing

Marc McGurren

Hat Trick
Nov 30, 2009
First Name
Marc
I need some help from my DR friends....

I have been googling but can't find anything besides iChat that will allow me to do a video chat along with a desktop sharing. We have 2 dealerships we would love to be able to video conference in but also show our tracking reports to them in realtime while they are still seeing us in the video chat.

I was hoping some folks could point me in the right direction. I know I can have video chat open separately along with a remote desktop - but I am trying to make it as simple as possible with one application.

Any ideas without buying some macbooks?

kCar:

1. It's time to fill in your first name in your profile. It's been too long.
2. Yes - You're right. Skype does have a desktop sharing feature. I've used it a few times before.

3. I would encourage all to consider Google Hangouts - we are using this for our Best Practices Webinar's at HookLogic with some nice success (BTE - anyone can sign up for these, and we don't always talk about HookLogic). We're getting more and more dealers joining us on Hangout. The only issue is there is a limit to how many people can "Hangout". It DOES have screen sharing.

We are looking into having some DealerRefresh Hangouts in the near future :)

Last edited:
kCar:

2. Yes - You're right. Skype does have a desktop sharing feature. I've used it a few times before.

3. I would encourage all to consider Google Hangouts - we are using this for our Best Practices Webinar's at HookLogic with some nice success (BTE - anyone can sign up for these, and we don't always talk about HookLogic). We're getting more and more dealers joining us on Hangout. The only issue is there is a limit to how many people can "Hangout". It DOES have screen sharing.

Jeff,

Regardless statistics, do you see your "regular life" :) friends (non automotive people) using G+ more/more often than before?

kCar:

Ah, much better!

TqxHw.jpg

Just kidding, changed it!