• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

32% increase in new car sales for may 2012 - What do you think ?

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
The carconnection has an article out that is predicting a 32% increase for May 2012 sales.

Zoom-Zoom: Analysts Predict 32% Growth In New Car Sales

"Looking for a bit of good news to send you off on your long, holiday weekend?* According to TrueCar.com, May's new vehicle sales should come in 32% above May 2011.
As exciting as that is, though, we should point out that a few automakers are skewing the curve -- namely, Honda, Toyota, and to a lesser degree, Nissan."

What do you think?

The article does point out that due to the Tsunami Honda Toyota & Nissan's numbers may be sku'd. Last May my dealership sold 203 cars (101 internet :o). We will pass it this year.

Are you feeling an up swing ?

Fiat was up 128%. That was on 10 sales. I saw that Smart was significantly up but didn't see any numbers on the Toyota IQ. Smart and IQ being sub-sub compacts have a new take on the green car thing. When you are involved in an accident, they bury you in the car.

I was never a big Nissan person until I started working with Frederick Nissan. If I were to go Asian import, Nissan would be at the top of my list. I had a Murano and a Maxima for demos and both vehicles surprised me. If the new Altima follows or surpasses the quality and engineering of these 2, I agree with you. The Accord (which I've never been a fan of) and the Camry will have one hell of a competitor. Of course the German in me would end up in a new Passat :)

Jeff, with stunning good looks, a new suspension, more horses than Camry and Accord but with 38 MPG highway, this one is going to be hard to beat. They have loaded it up with new tech features like a $599 navigation, blind spot monitor and lane departure. Nissan has 5 new models coming in the next 15 months.