• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Accessories Promotions- What works, what doesn't?

Tony Schlotter

Green Pea
Jun 28, 2010
First Name
Tony
I am working on an accessories promo to target internal clients and was curious if anyone out there has had any decent success with a particular target or not?

We have a very healthy truck buyer %, however there is no efficiency way to determine if they have purchased accessories or not at time of sale. Are there any other buckets of clients that we should try to look at a little more closely?

Any help and feedback is appreciated!

:2quiet:

Tony, I believe it is quite obvious that most dealers do not tap into this potential revenue stream. If you're using a Service retention service (double check with your manufacture, sometimes they offer a solid Service customer retention program), I would encourage you to set up an automated drip campaign for post purchase customers. There are some statistics out there that show when customers are more likely to purchase accessories for their vehicles. If I can find them, I will share. But I wouldn't be surprised if your manufacture doesn't have them available.

Truck owners are huge accessory buyers. So you're tapping into a great market. I would start off with me in the customer database. I would also take some time to shop the local after market competition to see where your product falls in terms of price and quality, and even more importantly warranty. Find your message.

Thanks, Jeff..

We've put some thought into automation out of our CRM to plug certain promos, especially in our truck segment. It would be a matter of figuring out what we sell the most or least of and then deciding what to try and sell it for. We're working toward that message and making headway a little slower then we would like. Buy in from certain departments is also a struggle when thinking outside of the comfort box.