• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ADP Reviews?

ChrisB

Rust & Dust
Mar 1, 2011
First Name
Chris
I am scouting out DMS's for the new dealership I will be working for and wanted to see what users think of ADP's DMS. Any insight or comments about this would be appreciated.

I will say I just went to the ADP website and they are still adverting the w.e.b Suite 1000 however I was told by the women who contacted me to set up an appointment for their sales person they no longer are selling that. She did not seem surprised when I stated the website still promoted that product.

I still have not heard back from ADP. Maybe I am just impatient... So I called to try and reach someone and was told they would pass my message along. That as soon as a sales person in my area has time they will call me back...

I just spoke with the rep in my area and we are scheduling an online demo.

He did mention that conversions to ADP can take up to 8-9 months. But that since this is a new dealership he might be able to get it installed quicker... If we decide to go that way let's hope so.

Solid advice regardless of your selected vendor: If it's not in writing, it doesn't exist. Make sure that promises (we integrate with them, we can help with that, our trainers will be there until everything works) are clearly spelled out.

ADP is horrible, stay away. Support is the worst I've ever encountered, and the products are so outdated and mashed together.. They just keep coasting on being a big name, but their products and service are among the worst out there. So let me save you the time, hassle and frustration.

Reactions: 1 person
I still have not heard back from ADP. Maybe I am just impatient... So I called to try and reach someone and was told they would pass my message along. That as soon as a sales person in my area has time they will call me back...

You're not impatient, your expecting support and they aren't providing it. If it's like this the first time I think you can understand why I wrote this out below: I think you'll get the idea..

That's how it always is, if you sign on don't EVER expect to be in touch with support on the first call. Just to give you an idea, go ahead and call the support line, you'll be on hold almost everytime and wait times are over 30-45 min; you will ALWAYS be forced to leave a voicemail message or send an e-mail. That's just how it goes with ADP, they'll ignore you enough to where you don't have time to keep calling and calling.. And when you do get a support member don't expect them to be enthusiastic to help you. Also if you end up having problems, good luck ever getting things resolved.

I just spoke with the rep in my area and we are scheduling an online demo.

He did mention that conversions to ADP can take up to 8-9 months. But that since this is a new dealership he might be able to get it installed quicker... If we decide to go that way let's hope so.

Chris,

It's been 7 months since you opened this topic. Are you still looking or have you settled on a DMS? Just curious.

Cliff

My DP went with the ADP Web Suite 1000 DMS. Yuck! We have been on it for about 2 months. Alot of connection time outs. It is OK, but not like the full blown server version that I wanted.

Of coarse with that type of system, the reliability of your connection to their "bunker" is a big factor. Even with Web 1K, a local server can make a big difference. Did ADP supply & configure the connection between you and their facility?