• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

After Hour Lead Response - Vendors

We run into the same issue with GM OneSource. I found on the internet a few companies answering after hour leads, but I wasnt impressed or interested in a company having access to my GM Global Connect login or didnt like their methods. So I too am interested in any ideas.

We bought a Netbook, I handle all our leads afterhours but I am not waking up at 3:30 to answer a lead though, so we battle the ones while we are awake as fast as we can to lower our avg response! And it doesnt always work, your driving, eating dinner, out at a party, fishing, or asleep, etc!

2 questions, do you have any sugestion why i cant acces VSP Logon from my BB Tour, when i went to google and pulled up VSP and clicked on the site, it goes blank and will not load. And are you stopping the clock with logging a phone apt or by actually answering the email right away and do you include pricing on the intial response?

Thanks,

Keep in mind, aren't you going to have to give the company/person access to your CRM? In order to "log" a response? Or do you have another idea?

That would be the key. You would have to have a person skilled on using multiple CRM tools. When the lead arrives, the first action would be to fire off an e-mail or text alert to the vendor responding to the leads. That vendor would then log into the system and send the first response as if they were the salesperson assigned to the lead. As long as the dealership had a template ready to go, this is an easy solution.

I am going to look at making this reality next week.

If you just reply to the initial lead from 1 source via your BB, it will stop the clock as far as GM is concerned, although, you are not really giving a qualified response, less you take the time to jot down a few words before you hit send, and who wants to do that @ 12.52 am? But at least your response time will be affected in a positive light, and for some strange reason, GM is okay with that??

What I'd like to know, is there a way to have an autoresponder loaded in a BB Storm to reply to these well scrubbed and qualified GM leads?

From working with GM lead response times for a few months now I can tell you the worst offenders are the ones that get looked over and are listed as a response time of multiple days. If you don't have a 100% response already, work on that first! Even 98% (like me) will skew the final average by many hours and make your normally 10 minute response times during business hours absolutely worthless.

After that it's a matter of staffing really ;)

this is true such as christmas eve for whatever reason my team and i miss a lead from 6.30 dec 24 until 14 hours later on the 25th, obviously this killed our average. is there a company than we can trust with a vinsolutions access code when we're not open for business to stop clock our leads?