• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Any vendors offering a service to list vehicles on Facebook Marketing ? Car dealers, are you using f

danoneil

Boss
Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Dan
Some of us have a Facebook Fan page and that is certainly a good testimonial tool as well as a free marketing tool.

Facebook also offers a market place that allows you to list things for sale, like cars etc..

Are there any vendors offering a service to help car dealers list vehicles on facebook market ?

Are there any car dealers on the forum listing vehicles for sale on Facebook Market Place ?

I'd try something a little different on FB. Have each salesperson pick a car they like and once a week make a video of that car. They then upload the video to their FB page with a little blog about their car of the week. It would go like this:

Hi friends and family! We just took in this beautiful 2007 Lexus and it's a one of a kind find when it comes to pre-owned vehicles. It's in amazing condition. So if you or anyone you know might be interested in this automobile; please contact me immediately since I am sure it won't be here very long. Also, if you could, please click on the share button so your friends can see this car as well.

So imagine if the average person has 200 pals on FB. Then let's imagine maybe 20 percent of them click share. That's over 8000 people who might be exposed to your video. I bet as you got good with these and put some humor into them, you could really drive up the numbers.

Last edited:
Some of us have a Facebook Fan page and that is certainly a good testimonial tool as well as a free marketing tool.

Facebook also offers a market place that allows you to list things for sale, like cars etc..

Are there any vendors offering a service to help car dealers list vehicles on facebook market ?

Are there any car dealers on the forum listing vehicles for sale on Facebook Market Place ?

Sending your inventory feed to Oodle (Oodle Classifieds - Search Classifieds and Post Free Classifieds) will get your vehicles in the Facebook and MySpace Marketplaces (along with other sites). It's a free service. You just need to register for it and/or contact whomever is handling your inventory feeds and have them handle it.

I think all the major inventory management providers send data to Oodle now which gets the vehicles on Facebook automatically and for free. A lot of dealers probably have their inventory on there and don't know it because the inventory vendors just send it automatically.

I would recommend to all dealers to make sure their inventory is sent to Oodle and Vast both because they are free and get republished to a lot of sites.

Too bad Craigslist isn't as simple. :rocket:

If you check out the DealerRater Group discussion at ADM Professional Community, you can see what IU have found to be the most effective way to automatically display your inventory on Facebook, updated daily... I used CardinaleWay Mazda in Mesa, AZ as my first "self installed" set up, and their inventory can be seen at Facebook.com/ADMcommunity by clicking on the "Classified Ads" tab, or by visiting the Facebook Fan page for the "Mazda Community" at Facebook.com/MazdaCommunity.

What I find works well with the DealerRater approach to posting a dealer's inventory on Facebook is that it seems to be perceived more positively by customers because of the DealerRater.com consumer focus and independance from the dealership.

I think all the major inventory management providers send data to Oodle now which gets the vehicles on Facebook automatically and for free. A lot of dealers probably have their inventory on there and don't know it because the inventory vendors just send it automatically.

I would recommend to all dealers to make sure their inventory is sent to Oodle and Vast both because they are free and get republished to a lot of sites.

Too bad Craigslist isn't as simple. :rocket:

Matt, I second your comment about Craigslist, but it probably wouldn't work as well as it does if getting massive amounts of inventory listed on Craigslist were that easy!
BTW, I dig that AniGif shootem up you inserted...:devil:

I understand the "cool" factor of placing all your inventory on Facebook, but caution that this will cause more attrition than develop car sales. Remember that social marketing is about developing relationships. Think of it as e-mail, but instead of just correspondence people are actually hanging out.

By constantly pushing a "buy, buy, buy" message you're not listening-- which ultimately is why people might engage with you (along with special offers). The goal (in my mind) of social marketing is to continue your relationship past a hour(s) someone spends buying a vehicle and into the years of ownership to increase service retention, customer loyalty, and build advocates instead of customers.

I understand the "cool" factor of placing all your inventory on Facebook, but caution that this will cause more attrition than develop car sales. Remember that social marketing is about developing relationships. Think of it as e-mail, but instead of just correspondence people are actually hanging out.

By constantly pushing a "buy, buy, buy" message you're not listening-- which ultimately is why people might engage with you (along with special offers). The goal (in my mind) of social marketing is to continue your relationship past a hour(s) someone spends buying a vehicle and into the years of ownership to increase service retention, customer loyalty, and build advocates instead of customers.

In status updates you are right, but I think they are talking about the Facebook Marketplace which is completely different.