• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Anyone try video games to get customers in the door?

Agreed. Killer idea.

Jeff & I joked about a Guitar Hero contest as well. Project Gotham or Need for Speed would be fun...

I put a car related game on our Easy Touch window recently at the mall store. . Plenty of fun things to try...

Anything that lets your guest leave w/a positive, memorable experience is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
A coworker and I went to the Evolution 2009 competition in Las Vegas over the summer (not expecting to talk business). A lot of players competing came from Southern California, including players that live down the street from our dealership. Since it's kind of hard to sell a gamer a car at a gaming tournament in Vegas, we offered a $1000 coupon towards any of our cars or trucks to anyone who can beat us in three sets of Street Fighter IV. Out of the ten or so people that whooped our asses, two of them actually came into the dealership. One couldn't finance a cheeseburger, but we rolled the other customer out on a car that made us some profit.

So we basically succeeded in 10% of our total prospects, however that wasn't a dealer event. I would set up tournaments and competitions for games that better suit your target audience.. like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, etc. The fighting game/action game audience differs per consumer, and it may be difficult to find a select group of consumers that would actually compete AND become a customer.

OR, old school LAN party?:lol: