1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using Auto Alert?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Technologies & Services' started by Craig, Aug 13, 2010.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Craig

Craig
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Craig
    Dealer or Company Name:
    vAuto
    Looks like a nice setup, however does not integrate with CRM. Wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with Auto Alert.
    Thanks

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    I was messing around with it several months ago and found it to be a decent tool. Yes- something your CRM should be doing but most do not.

Mercedes was endorsing the tool while encouraging their dealers to use it. However, I believe only a few got on board with it.

Might be worth the demo.

4. Craig

Craig
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Craig
    Dealer or Company Name:
    vAuto

Have demoed a couple times now and we like it......I wish our CRM could handle what this does (more basic issues I'd love them to solve first) if it would just integrate so you knew what follow up or message was being sent to customers it would solve our biggest reservation.

Was hoping to find out from users if they had a workaround for this besides the "it's easy, just cut and paste comments into your CRM" that vendors love to use when the constant integration problems between technologies happens.

5. Christopher Hawley

Christopher Hawley
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Christopher
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Advertiser Media Network
    My VP just got back from a Honda meeting where dealers were supposedly raving about this product. Yet, when I go to the website, it is so vague that it almost requires a demo; which is smart and aggravating at the same time!

It looks like a stand a lone product that doesn't integrate with your CRM (although he was told it supposedly integrates with Vinsolutions; I have yet to confirm this) that creates tasks/reminders for clients in your database with equity.

I am sorry to bump an old thread, but hopefully over the last year some of you have tried and or use this product and if so, what are your thoughts?

I am leery of adding another "tool" or step in the process, when we struggle to use the tools we already have. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

6. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Chris, thanks for bumping this thread. I've been wanting to get in here and update my status on AutoAlert.

Here's the deal...I love AutoAlert.

It's great data and information that can help dealers sell more cars each month to their best customers - their previous customers. The user interface is clean and easy.

With that being said, it but it has all BUT failed at my dealers. Why? Because it takes discipline, people and process. You NEED to be a phone warrior! You need to know what to say once you get the customer on the phone

Like anything else, you get out of this program what you put into it. Also - the cleaner and more updated your data is, the better your results will be. If you have a lot of old data (phone numbers) - it will quickly become very frustrating when call after call after call is a number no longer in service.

The right people with the right process NEEDS to be established FIRST before getting on board with AutoAlert or any program like this for that matter. If you are failing at other simple processes and or tasks at the dealership - I would venture to say you'll fail at this as well.

NOTE: I'm not blaming AutoAlert for a bad product (however with some more "automatic" additional touchpoints it would be an improved product), I'm merely point out that IF you do not build the right process and people around this - it will not work.

7. Christopher Hawley

Christopher Hawley
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Christopher
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Advertiser Media Network
    Jeff,

Thanks for the quick response. I feared what you said to be true. As an update; my VP was told that they (Autoalert) integrated with Vinsolutions, but I verified with VinSolutions that it does not. Through my research and posts here, it looks like it doesn't integrate with any CRMs, making it an additional process, another log-in and something else to manage.

C'mon Autoalert! Sounds like you have a great product!

8. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Chris, you would be correct - there are no integrations, I too checked into this. It is a stand alone system and a strong when used.

Looking at last months numbers, my Nissan dealer actually did quite well with it. And that's without a stern process but a process in place.

9. sbaric

sbaric
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Steven
    Dealer or Company Name:
    UDC
  10. Rick Buffkin

Rick Buffkin
    Expand Collapse
    Sausage King of Chicago

First Name:
    Rick
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Beaman Automotive Group
    I know this is an old thread but I like the title :) Just looking to get some recent feedback on Auto Alert. If any of you guys are using them, was the set up difficult and any news on any type of integration.

11. BrianCAutoAlert

BrianCAutoAlert
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Brian
    Dealer or Company Name:
    AutoAlert, LLC
    Hi Rick,

The best way to see what AutoAlert can do for your dealership is to visit autoalert.com and schedule a demo or to contact our Client Care Manager, Regina McGee at (949) 398-7030 and she can answer all of your questions concerning implementation and set-up. AutoAlert provides a patented data mining solution unmatched in the automotive industry and an elite support staff with years of dealership experience.

Regards,

Brian Cranmer
    [email protected]