• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Apple Maps and Yelp

Agrrip

Desk Monkey
Mar 8, 2012
First Name
Joseph
I normally would never give any consideration to paying for a listing with an online listing service (Superpages, Dex, Yellowcrook, etc.). However, I have been considering paying for advertising with Yelp due to their relationship with Apple.

Currently Siri uses Yelp when giving out advice on restaurants and other listings; and with Apple's announcement back in January that they are going to launch their own maps program and use Yelp, localeze and Axiom listing data, it may be worth while to start building a solid Yelp campaign now including fantastic (and real) reviews.

My question to the forum is: have you all started beefing up your Yelp presence/reviews in anticipation of the fall Apple Maps launch? And, do any of you pay to advertise with Yelp? If so, how's the quality?

We aren't paying to be on Yelp, but we are actively soliciting Yelp reviews. We do show up in Siri searches now, where we didn't before. It seems tricky to get Yelp reviews to stick, though. Most of them seem to get filtered out.

From the sounds of it, no one is paying for Yelp and our dealerships are pulling up nicely. I guess the key here is to keep your reviews top notch (though, that's an obvious given).

Between Google + Local, Dealer Rater, Yelp, Edmunds etc. one has to be very picky and choosey about when and where to direct clients to for reviews...always juggling!

Here is my solution for now...I had a page added to our website so that our clients can easily choose where to leave their comments. We send this link to them with a thank you gift basket.

***Review Link***

Reactions: 2 people