• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Appointment display board

JohnH

Full Sticker + Prep
Nov 20, 2011
Awards
First Name
John
Hello,

I have been looking for a solution like this for a while. I want to have the ability to display all of the appointments from my centralized BDC across all of our stores on a Television installed right on top of our receptionists.

As soon as the customer walks-in, they would be able to see a confirmed time and possibly even the name of the associate that will be helping them.

This would add visibility to everyone working in the store and I believe it would create a better atmosphere with the customer.

Apple used to do at with the genius bar.

I am currently with Contact Management, I wouldn't mind using a third party vendor to push the information manually every time.

Here is one at a Carmax next-gen store.

I would want to do the same for possibly the service department and the delivery department.

Thank you,
John H

Attachments

• img7.jpg
    img7.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 1 person
Makes three of us. Always wanted to rock a big 'ol LCD (Maybe LED) that displayed all the appointments.

Closest we ever got ... Whiteboard :\

Oh and +1 for the service idea. Never even thought of that.

Keep this thread updated if you do get things up and running.

Dealersocket has a display board but I don't like the way it looks, either way I am stuck with Contact Management for now. I wonder if the appointment data can be pushed to an external data source, if so then we wouldn't need double opt-in for appointments on the display board. It would be updated automatically from the CRM.

The way I would do it for my stores would be an LCD TV without a bezel on top of the reception area. On the left I would have a looped clip of "Welcome" written in different languages toggling between languages (interactive) ex: Bonjour (french), Bienvenido (spanish) etc... and on the right would be the first name of the customer with the first letter of the last name and the time of the appointment on a transparent background. I have attached the LCD TV with no bezel from Carmax.

If I can't find a similar application, I am going to hire developers to make one. This would be a great business for any start-up company to make since it applies for businesses in other niches too; spa, doctors office, mechanic shop etc...

Dealersocket display board:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ni75fy29mqh7tbx/Screenshot_2013-02-23_6_05_PM.png

Carmax LCD with no bezel (service area):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7c2hzp0v7cuc3o/no bezel.png

J.H

Several CRM providers have this solution, you just need to know who to talk to behind the service. You'd be surprised how little sales and first level service reps are made aware of added features like this.

Lets open this up to not only dealers but any CRM services that offer this solution.

POST PHOTOS of it in action at the dealership!

We currently use something similar to this in our service drive and service waiting area. The feed back from both our service customers and service personnel has been very positive. I'm currently working on getting it implemented for sales. The company we use is called TVPOS "Television Point of Sales". If your thinking about adding something like this to your store, I highly recommend giving Dennis a call. He's the owner.

You can take a look at some of their work on their website
http://www.tvpos.com/index-4.html

They were very flexible with working with my stores. Here's a couple pics I took at our Toyota store.

photo 2.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpg

We wanted to have a similar message on the first 3 monitors but in the kids area we wanted to have the disney channel playing with the service que instead of sales and service material flashing. Works like a Charm!