• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Arkona - down and out???

Hoib

Rust & Dust
Dec 9, 2009
First Name
Hoib
Anyone else out there noticing how poorly Arkona has been over the last few days???

We can't print hardly any jobs, screens are taking forever to load, some won't load at all. I'd just like to see if it's us or the whole thing is crapped out.

Thanks.

H

An Arkona-DealerTrack question

Wonder if anyone knows because Lord Almighty, you can't get through to Arkona on the phone. (See prev post...)

We have our General Sales Manager with a brand new workstation. I set him up as a Limited User in XP-64 bit. Arkona begins to load and sets out his opening screen but fails to provide anything further. Set him as Admin and now after a long delay he gets his opening screen and can operate (sort of...)

Does he HAVE TO be set up as an admin to run Arkona with his Arkona (General Sales Mgr) profile? Other sales staff using Arkona operate off of Limited User priveleges - no hassle. But his does not. I have a feeling, for his operating role, he needs to be an Admin but can't be sure and can't be sitting around 2-3 hours on hold either.

True or False. And, if False then am I just a victim of poor timing as far as Arkona's performance woes are concerned?

Thanks.

H

The issue is the outdated overloaded instance of Arkona 1. There are two main servers hosting Arkona subscribers, the first of which is on older hardware and has had two major "processing issues" in the last 60 days. I am being told that the CPU dedicated to mathematical functions has become backed up to the point that it is many hours behind its scheduled tasks.

If I was a prospective customer, looking to go live with this org I would be nervous, or ask to be installed on Arkona 2 (That is what they call the prod boxes, I am being told)

:cool:

BTW - Hoib how do you like working on their system, and what provider did your store have previously? I realize the retarded timing of my question, how about before the sys crashed...

Last edited:
See? That's why this forum is such a "value". Probably wouldn't be able to get them to tell me that on the phone -- if I could ever get them on the phone. I'll see if I can have them make the switch (not likely).

Thanks for the "inside scoop"!

And, the company moved from Reynolds and Reynolds to this system about 2 years ago, maybe a little more...

H

Alex -

Sorry for the confusion, but I believe this post (Gen Sales Mgr - post #2 now) SHOULD be a seperate thread. It tries to address specifically a config issue and not the Arkona performance issue.

Please correct me or clarify if I'm wrong, OK?

H

The issue is the outdated overloaded instance of Arkona 1. There are two main servers hosting Arkona subscribers, the first of which is on older hardware and has had two major "processing issues" in the last 60 days. I am being told that the CPU dedicated to mathematical functions has become backed up to the point that it is many hours behind its scheduled tasks.

If I was a prospective customer, looking to go live with this org I would be nervous, or ask to be installed on Arkona 2 (That is what they call the prod boxes, I am being told)

:cool:

BTW - Hoib how do you like working on their system, and what provider did your store have previously? I realize the retarded timing of my question, how about before the sys crashed...

Jarret,

About the processor... that sounds unlikely. Though I'm sure that they can have some back up processes, specially if they are doing an update in their servers, changing servers, adding servers, etc.

We work with a few dealers in Arkona and from my POV (feeds and data exchange) they are not bad although yes--you get what you pay for.