• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

ASFResults - Anyone familiar with their HYPER TARGETED SOCIAL MARKETING service?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I received an email this morning from a Todd at ASF Results.

Jeff,
Do you currently advertise on third-party websites like Autotrader, CarFax, CarGurus, Cars, Edmunds, KBB and TrueCar?
We have created technology that can capture these live shoppers. And within minutes our AI matches shopped vehicles to similar vehicles in your inventory and serves carousel ads on Facebook and Instagram driving these conquest shoppers to your VDPs. In month one, this strategy generally becomes one of your top five sources of website traffic.
Sound interesting? I would very much like to elaborate in a 15-minute presentation.
CLICK Here to choose the time for your complimentary online presentation.
My company helps dealers declutter advertising budgets to include only effective solutions that boost website traffic and provide more leads, resulting in more sales.
Best regards,
Todd
P.S. We can also pitch a tent on your competitors websites.
Todd Clarke | CEO
ASFResults.com

ASF is claiming their HYPER TARGETED SOCIAL MARKETING solution to be "Advanced Technology that can mine your Competitor's Websites and 3rd party websites such as: CarGurus, Cars.com, TrueCar, KBB, Edmunds, CarMax, DriveTime, CarFax, Carvana and Autotrader in REAL TIME to create custom audiences to market your inventory to on Facebook and Instagram and drive traffic to your VDPs."

I'm trying to wrap my head around this. Any help?

Well, sounds like a dozen other companies selling the same thing (Facebook retargeting from custom audiences) but have great copy-writers to make it sound different! CEO is from Stream Companies and the other founder (according to the Ohio LLC filing in 2012) just took a job as a Finance Director at Preston Superstore in Burton, OH. Their "Social Technologist" is currently listed as President of 3WEE Technologies (formerly of Stream as well). Their "Data Technologist" is currently listed as COO of Diamond Media Solutions Inc. They built a Network Solutions website and someone spelled "Cheif" wrong on the CMO's bio. Unless they are lurking and want to clarify, sounds like a side-gig-reseller-white-label-snake-oil-scam to me. Just saying.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
Well, sounds like a dozen other companies selling the same thing (Facebook retargeting from custom audiences) but have great copy-writers to make it sound different! CEO is from Stream Companies and the other founder (according to the Ohio LLC filing in 2012) just took a job as a Finance Director at Preston Superstore in Burton, OH. Their "Social Technologist" is currently listed as President of 3WEE Technologies (formerly of Stream as well). Their "Data Technologist" is currently listed as COO of Diamond Media Solutions Inc. They built a Network Solutions website and someone spelled "Cheif" wrong on the CMO's bio. Unless they are lurking and want to clarify, sounds like a side-gig-reseller-white-label-snake-oil-scam to me. Just saying.

I figured it was some fancy copywriting. Thanks for the investigative work!!

Reactions: Chance Mayfield
Sad part is they'll get some dealers to sign up. Those dealers probably have FB retargeting campaigns running through another provider. That provider will be in the dark until they notice ads running that aren't their's only to discover 3 months later that the dealer spent $10k for a duplicate product and half (or more) went to "management fees".

Sheesh, I'm in the wrong business.

Sad part is they'll get some dealers to sign up. Those dealers probably have FB retargeting campaigns running through another provider. That provider will be in the dark until they notice ads running that aren't their's only to discover 3 months later that the dealer spent $10k for a duplicate product and half (or more) went to "management fees".

Sheesh, I'm in the wrong business.

Of course they will. My dealer owner sent me a copy of the email 24 hours after this post with questions about it.