• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Automate DMS/CRM question...

KeiroD

Green Pea
Jan 27, 2014
First Name
Ramon
Hi,

I have some specific questions that're not answered on the Automate site — I see there's an option to do in-house servers. We will be doing this.

1. In-house server requirements, what are they?
2. Can the DMS inventory system be linked to from a website? If so, how?
3. Is this Windows or Linux in-house server-based?

I do not know yet what the dealership will be named, so I've registered myself as with Heimkoma Services, as that is what I do consulting and projects under. Eventually, once it gets rolling, I will be hired on as the IT head of the entire dealership, so it's important for me to get it right first go. That means...

Research, research, research, research! So much research I'm dreaming of research.

But what I do know is — There is no way we are using Reynolds and Reynolds. I have blacklisted it and informed the people that hired me to set up everything for them that if they are approached in any way by R&R, to tell them no and to refer them to me if they want to try convincing me to go with them. :)

Sorry I just saw this, not sure where you are located but the rep will be glad to address these server questions or I can put you in touch with hardware. I will answer as I can.

1. If you go in house server (there is an ASP option) we use Dell servers. They are shipped to us to load and then we ship to you.
2. If you mean can your inventory be sent to websites?? Yes we can in a couple of ways.
3. Our servers are Linux based.

If you want to see some reviews of our DMS go to Drivingsales.com

Sorry I just saw this, not sure where you are located but the rep will be glad to address these server questions or I can put you in touch with hardware. I will answer as I can.

1. If you go in house server (there is an ASP option) we use Dell servers. They are shipped to us to load and then we ship to you.
2. If you mean can your inventory be sent to websites?? Yes we can in a couple of ways.
3. Our servers are Linux based.

If you want to see some reviews of our DMS go to Drivingsales.com

It's quite alright... although I will say, I sent an e-mail to [email protected]. Haven't heard anything back. If you're curious as to who... it's admin[at]heimkoma.com

1. Yes, I intend to go in-house servers.
2. Excellent. I'd like to hear more about that.

Please do have someone contact me via e-mail, as I have more specific questions I'd like to have answered, or have someone answer my e-mail I'd already sent in. To be honest, I have not received an answer back for my initial e-mail, which was sent on February 8th. It's February 25th, now. The extreme length of time between contact is disheartening, I will admit.

As for where I'm located, I'm currently in Arkansas, but moving to Ohio to work for the dealership. I am handling everything IT-related with regards to the dealership, so in effect, I am the de-facto head of IT and will decide what happens in the dealership when it comes to technology.

It's quite alright... although I will say, I sent an e-mail to [email protected]. Haven't heard anything back. If you're curious as to who... it's admin[at]heimkoma.com

1. Yes, I intend to go in-house servers.
2. Excellent. I'd like to hear more about that.

Please do have someone contact me via e-mail, as I have more specific questions I'd like to have answered, or have someone answer my e-mail I'd already sent in. To be honest, I have not received an answer back for my initial e-mail, which was sent on February 8th. It's February 25th, now. The extreme length of time between contact is disheartening, I will admit.

As for where I'm located, I'm currently in Arkansas, but moving to Ohio to work for the dealership. I am handling everything IT-related with regards to the dealership, so in effect, I am the de-facto head of IT and will decide what happens in the dealership when it comes to technology.

That is odd I am wondering if maybe the email did not go through. I have sent a copy of this thread to the rep that handles I will also send you a email to get all your contact info. We have a form on our website when filled out send the lead info to the sales person.

That is odd I am wondering if maybe the email did not go through. I have sent a copy of this thread to the rep that handles I will also send you a email to get all your contact info. We have a form on our website when filled out send the lead info to the sales person.

Perhaps. I e-mailed directly rather than using the form on the website. Probably because I assumed it would be more or less escalated properly.

Sure, I see the e-mail. Responding now. Thanks a bunch for checking for me. :)