• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Autotrader's new UI

And they are now getting into the service department side of our business:

AutoMD, Inc. Announces Strategic Investments by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Cox Automotive - MarketWatch

"AutoMD.com is an unbiased free online automotive repair resource designed to empower vehicle owners with the best way to repair their vehicles. AutoMD.com helps to drive growth at participating repair shops by allowing car owners to get instant comparative quotes and information on repair jobs from local repair shops through AutoMD Insta-Quotes!"

This makes sense that they would pursue this since Cars.com bought online car repair site RepairPal last year. Another big money player, Google Ventures, also backed online car repair service OpenBay earlier this year.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why anyone would pay for a service that advertises their competitors beside their ads.
I can't remember who it was (Kevin?), but someone at Digital Dealer did a great presentation on this.

If I'm paying to show my inventory, it should show only my inventory and only my Call to Action.

Bill,

I certainly understand that feeling but isn't positive that different pieces of our business get tied together and resources/information made available to consumers?

Yago, I'm all for the customer having a lot of information. So, I'm okay with these large businesses getting into the service department referral business. I've had some of our shops claimed and listed on RepairPal and Open Bay for some time now. But to Joe's original point, I do not think they should be on a VDP that I am paying for. The VDP should be all about my car, not trying to sell car insurance or linking to offsite links to get service department quotes.

Reactions: 1 person
ATC.jpg

I know RoadLoans is notoriously on the site but didn't see it when I clicked on your link. The ad placement doesn't seem right based on how they typically do it. Even if it was Roadloans.

I agree with you Bill.. but when do I not?! :)