• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Bad Bad BAD Advertising IDEAS - Add to the list

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
I was looking for something, I don't even remember after seeing this sales ad/price on this dealerships website...

It drive me crazy seeing 84 month financing, and then 84 month financing on a 4 year old vehicle...

2019-04-17_19-54-03.jpg

What crazy ads have you seen that are just bad for the business?

Have you ever checked out Ling cars https://www.lingscars.com/ the ugliest auto page in the UK that sells cars LOL
LMFAO! They were just on Refresh Friday here...
https://forum.dealerrefresh.com/threads/oh-shit-lingscars.6428/#post-53999

460831352.jpg

I was looking for something, I don't even remember after seeing this sales ad/price on this dealerships website...

It drive me crazy seeing 84 month financing, and then 84 month financing on a 4 year old vehicle...

They are just giving the people what they want :drunk:

I quickly pulled this our of Driven Data % of retail deals, by term length, by year:

Sales-by-Term-Length.png

I can remember a few people doing it in PA, but EVERYONE does it up here in VT, and wish they'd all just STOP:

Every dealer up here records their own radio commercials. Every now and then you hear someone with a decent voice and marginal talent, but 95% is just truly horrible.

People: it's not that expensive -- pay for the talent! You should not be allowed to speak into the mic!!

Reactions: Alexander Lau
Have you ever checked out Ling cars https://www.lingscars.com/ the ugliest auto page in the UK that sells cars LOL

That is the greatest automotive website on earth! Ling is a genius who recognized a niche and capitalized. And she is a friend of DealerRefresh.

We :bow: to the great and powerful Ling.

Reactions: Susan Shephard

View attachment 4121

I shopped a local competitor, input my information for an ePrice. Site immediately pops up with a color scale for payments based off of credit score. It also has in big, green letters the value for "Our Best Price" - just to the left of that, in standard, black lettering "Selling Price" with a value about $400 less than the best price.

Which price do I get? The selling price, or the higher best price?

I shopped a local competitor, input my information for an ePrice. Site immediately pops up with a color scale for payments based off of credit score. It also has in big, green letters the value for "Our Best Price" - just to the left of that, in standard, black lettering "Selling Price" with a value about $400 less than the best price.

Which price do I get? The selling price, or the higher best price?

You Sir, get the “ePrice.”
What the hell is an “ePrice” anyways?
While we’re at it, what’s exactly is an “internet price?”
How does someone work in the “internet department” or an “internet sales manager” performing “digital sales?”