• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Behind Yelp fake reviews

I am Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO and co-founder of Yelp. AMA! : IAmA

"I sat in on a sales call with a Yelp rep, and after questioning her on the finer details we decided Yelp wasn't for us and told her so. She then became noticeably irritated and said "Good luck getting any positive reviews in the future."

"
My family member owns a business and was approached by Yelp to pay or else only negative reviews would be publicly visible."

"..
a good friend of mine owns a pie shop, and the exact same thing happened. a reviewer put up the wrong hours, and people would show up and get angry that they weren't open. they called yelp to change it and they said the only way to change it was to pay them. f*ck yelp."

what yelp is doing is just awful. Their business model is, well, pretty remarkable. However what they're doing to businesses is just not right. I was on a call with them to discuss their advertising and they made us feel the same way "buy our product or else." All we want to do is get control of our dealerships and be able to change the phone numbers and contact info (was set up by previous marketing vendor). They area saying that we have to pay for that service.

So an irritated customer writes us a bad review, we cant respond to it, and if they call, it goes no where... So now we have a bad review just sitting there with no way to resolve it, unless we pay of course.

I am Jeremy Stoppelman, CEO and co-founder of Yelp. AMA! : IAmA

"I sat in on a sales call with a Yelp rep, and after questioning her on the finer details we decided Yelp wasn't for us and told her so. She then became noticeably irritated and said "Good luck getting any positive reviews in the future."

"
My family member owns a business and was approached by Yelp to pay or else only negative reviews would be publicly visible."

"..
a good friend of mine owns a pie shop, and the exact same thing happened. a reviewer put up the wrong hours, and people would show up and get angry that they weren't open. they called yelp to change it and they said the only way to change it was to pay them. f*ck yelp."

I would have to agree....I'm not a fan. I personally wouldn't spend a dime with yelp.

Just scroll down at the bottom of the page:

RT Yelp Page.jpg

This use to be called: "Filtered reviews" now is "92 other reviews that are not currently recommended". Ok... out of 116 review (for our Toyota Store) you don't recommend 92? and the order in witch this " Not Currently Recommended" reviews are being displayed its just a little to much in my opinion... Starting with he lowest ratings first... Really?

Reactions: 1 person