• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best Inventory Video Vendor Poll?

Eley,

Are you using a video provider currently?... I am curious as to what results you have seen or goals you may have for adding the product.

HI Jay, yes, we are using Unity. I've been disappointed lately that a lot of our inventory has been missing video, or its running stock images when we clearly have live pictures. I've also been frustrated with the very low number of views on the You Tube channel which is making me really question how effective our videos are in search.

We use FlickFusion exclusively right now.

1. Rating
    4 / 5
  2. Why?
    They're good, but there's always room for improvement. I don't love embedded players, but it works well.
    Mobile friendly, but we're having issues with Android - iOS works great.
    Fantastic support, great documentation and the team is constantly working on new features, custom requests, etc.
  3. How do your inventory video's perform in search?
    Haven't done much testing to be honest - we're working on some new integration things, but will be testing some video sitemaps and the like in the near future to see how they perform.
  4. Helpful Info:
    They don't sell directly, I believe you can only get their videos through a reseller. I think that Sister.tv is a reseller in the states.
    They have a service that pushes all your videos to YouTube with custom descriptions.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
HI Jay, yes, we are using Unity. I've been disappointed lately that a lot of our inventory has been missing video, or its running stock images when we clearly have live pictures. I've also been frustrated with the very low number of views on the You Tube channel which is making me really question how effective our videos are in search.

I have some dealers using Sister and it is my opinion they have a good product. It has been my recommendation with these products not to use true video but rather laced pictures with voice overlay. Having said that, I should say that Sister is not the easiest vendor to work with.

I would like to hear about actual results from Video. I do see video products increasing time on site and taking up geography on Google; however, I am not convinced they are impacting conversions

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to hear about actual results from Video. I do see video products increasing time on site and taking up geography on Google; however, I am not convinced they are impacting conversions

When I first got to Dealer.com I wanted to test this too. We looked at Subaru websites (identical for the most part), across the nation, with and without video. The difference between the two was minutes in time on site and a good chunk higher on lead and call conversion.

This was 2 years ago and I don't have the exacts on this computer (why I'm being vague with the details), but if you take me at my word I can absolutely state that video does help conversion.

When I first got to Dealer.com I wanted to test this too. We looked at Subaru websites (identical for the most part), across the nation, with and without video. The difference between the two was minutes in time on site and a good chunk higher on lead and call conversion.

This was 2 years ago and I don't have the exacts on this computer (why I'm being vague with the details), but if you take me at my word I can absolutely state that video does help conversion.

Alex,

I appreciate your feedback. I have not had as much luck being able to break out measurable results (conversions); however, it sounds like you had a broad and controlled A/B analysis. If by happen stance you come across something empirical, for educational purposes, please post or shoot me a copy.

Thank you!

There are sooooo many variables, in the end it's all about content that helps a shopper understand the product AND understand the seller.

"...Zappos reports 6-30% sales impact after integrating video product demos
(http://www.reelseo.com/video-demos-sales-zappos/)"

Here is the walk around video FYI: [video]http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7606075/132968[/video]. It's human, it's informational and it's what drives the lift in conversions seen above.

Try to scale that in the car biz... Ugh!

Next, lets say a dealer videos all used cars and makes great videos for all new cars. How hard would that be to award the gain in conversions to videos alone (seasonality, incentives, competition, ad spend, etc).

Video done right ain't easy and it won't blow the lid off the sales-o-meter.

We haven't had enough months of data across our stores/clients yet to see a correlation, but we did add Analytics "goals" for video watches. At least now we can see whether people are watching the videos. Personally, I was surprised how many people are watching them. That said, I believe the percentage averages between 1.5% and 2% of visitors are clicking one of the "Watch Video" buttons.

Right now we are just using photo slideshows, but I'm hoping to use this data as leverage to encourage stores to get real videos going.
With over 100 people a month clicking those buttons, more than likely expecting a walkaround video, I would like to think it's a worthwhile endeavor. That said, I still believe that amazing inventory photos do a better job than a walkaround video.