• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Best "No Photo Available Yet" Images - What are you using?

Jeff Kershner

Founder
Staff member
May 1, 2005
Awards
First Name
Jeff
What are you using as your "No Photo Available Yet" image?

I'm always looking for opportunities and real-estate to take advantage. While I would bet most dealers overlook this opportunity - some like to have a little FUN with it.

Larry Doremus Jr. - Marketing Director Tom's Ford has a weird sense of humor or just enjoys messing around in Photoshop.

Here is his:

toms_ford_no_photo.jpg

I know this would/did catch my attention. It was more of a "WTF" is that? Ha!! Thanks Larry.

When you think about it - this is some very PRIME real-estate that usually gets overlooked. It's the first thing people see, whether they're on your dealer websites SRP or VDP. More importantly - the SRP and VDP of you third party listing sites like AutoTrader and Cars.com. Why do we allow a generic silhouette image of a vehicle use up this prime real-estate when you have the opportunity to do so much more?

I was wondering what others are using for their "No Photo Available Yet" image?

Share some ideas or post some of the more creative images you've run across.

Firstly...I consider "weird" to be a subjective term.

Being offensive was my first concern. The meme evolved from a character in an anime series and could offend some sensibilities. Reference for those who don't get the meme: "Y U NO" Guy | Know Your Meme

It's unfortunate that we've become so sensitive as a society. Being able to laugh at our differences without being over-the-top offensive is what makes this life worth living. I love my Asian brothers and work side-by-side with the biggest, most bad-asssed Korean you'll ever meet and he appreciates Y U NO Guy.

Getting to the point: As a business, don't take yourself so seriously. Dorky humor is an angle that works for us. Find one that works for you. People do business with people they like. To us, it's important that people see us as REAL people...maybe quirky, maybe flawed, but genuine. On a side note...my last couple o' creations on www.facebook.com/tomsford :

Call Dog.jpg
Facebook Cover Much Cooler Than Fashion Designer.jpg

Attachments

• Much Cooler than the Fashion Designer.jpg
    Much Cooler than the Fashion Designer.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: 2 people
TOM'S FORD

Y U NO USE PURPLE BACKGROUND?

(I mean, there's rules to this!)

Ours is below. Our current showroom (which is probably a month away from being our past showroom--finally!) isn't much of a looker, so we went with the GM pylon out front. Number is intentionally omitted for call tracking's sake.

At some point, I may use eBiz's recently-added additional photos to tack some more on the end (Best of Columbia awards, why-buy stuff, etc.). Maybe someday we'll get all the fires put out ahead of it. :D

Screen shot 2012-10-19 at 9.35.26 AM.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Alright, so I got a minute to try this out; using eBizAutos' Default Vehicle Images feature, I added a couple of extra images touting some of our community work and our rather exceptional string of Best of Columbia wins. When there are already photos, either stock or actual, it goes to the bottom. When there are neither, they become more prominent. I think we'll roll with it and see how it works out.

Screen shot 2012-10-19 at 3.30.10 PM.jpgScreen shot 2012-10-19 at 3.34.26 PM.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I really lol'd when I saw this thread. I love the Y U NO Guy, but I'm an internet nerd.

But seriously, I could do work in this area. I'll post back after I do some brainstorming - we are currently using the stock, boring "New Arrival" photos.

On a positive note, when a car is sitting on trade row, we do shoot one photo of it and list it as a "New Arrival." We have found success as it seems to entice people into calling us to inquire for more photos. Is anyone else doing this?

0_2949.jpg