• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Buying the faster broadband package

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I just upgraded the TV in my bedroom from tube to LCD....yeah I know, about time. I wanted to have a HD DVR to go along with the new TV so I called Cox Communications (basically a monopoly on Cable and Broadband Internet here) to order the box. Being in sales I'm always testing another company's sales process, so I started asking questions about all their services. It was a par performance, but when I did discover I could upgrade my Internet speed for $4 a month I was all ears!

Today is my first day on the faster speeds and it is nice. I feel like I'm changing channels everytime I go to a different site. Before now I was an advocate of buying the cheapest broadband connection an ISP offers, today my tune has changed - upgrade that bad boy!

That's funny because I'm switching from an 42 LCD in my family room to a 67" DLP slim back tube. My wife just bought a new bookcase/entertainment unit and I can fit up to a 70" TV in it. I bought a Samsung 67" DLP 1080p, the whole nine yards for like $1700! At that number i had to take a chance. That's a lot of screen real estate. I thought that was a great deal and i don't really need a flat screen since the TV won't go on the wall but rather it will be contained in a unit. Some of the new LCD's are sick though...good luck with yours...and the new internet...I tend to agree with Brian's conspiracy theory...