• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Dealer SEO x Robots?

Mar 21, 2012
Awards
First Name
Ryan
JASPER.png

Exposé: Automotive SEO vendors aren't using human writers.

Yes, you heard that right; many of the top SEO vendors in the automotive space use Jasper.ai, an artificial intelligence content writing software, to quickly crank out blog articles for their clients.

So, should car dealers care if their blog posts are not entirely written by a human and instead generated by AI? Should dealers perhaps receive a discount or a larger volume of blog posts to compensate?

Great question! I've played around with tools like Jasper.ai DACH, Copy.ai and others for automotive content (myself) and it seems a little too niche. You still have to spend time editing those texts since the information is all over the place, especially when creating content around make/models.

It's not bad to generate ad text but nothing crazy either.

But it doesn't mean it's bad. I see a lot of ways auto dealers can increase or improve their content using tools like these.

SEO providers could also deliver (hopefully) more high-quality content for the same price using these tools.

SEO providers could also deliver (hopefully) more high-quality content for the same price using these tools.
But are they? Most of the big automotive SEO vendors, IF content creation is even included in the SEO package, have too large of a client count to do a decent job.

Guess we can't hate on them too much, it's capitalism at work! Decrease your personnel expense = more profit

Here at Dealer Authority, our SEO team hangs their white hats on custom content written by HUMANS. We have a staff of dedicated content writers that can't be beaten by AI.

I too have inspected some of these tools and have been pretty dismayed by the results I've seen; especially with one tool in particular that also attempts to automate the keyword research process without understanding the goals of your business or website.

We are in the business of connecting with people to close sales, and that's just not something that you can depend on a robot to achieve for your dealership. If you're looking for custom content and SEO strategy for your dealership, we got you!

www.DealerAuthority.com

Earlier this year I researched a few AI content generating tools and wanted to try one just to see what all the hype was about. I went with Bramework as there was a one time very affordable fee. If I wound up liking it, I could continue using it for as long as I wanted with no additional charges. From my understanding Bramework is a step below Jasper, not as robust, but it was worth a try.

I used it for a grand total of 2 pieces. Basically it's good for brainstorming topics and creating a bare bones outline for a post/page, but in the long run I had to put just as much elbow grease into creating the actual content as I would have without using the tool. Using Bramework reminded me of where voice to text software was in the late 90's.

i.e. "He purchased a cappuccino." ------------> "He purchased a cup which he knows."

The A.I. content generators are still in their infancy and at least for the time being, there's no substitute for a human brain when it comes to creating original content of high quality.

Reactions: JessicaRobertson
Exposé: Automotive SEO vendors aren't using human writers.

Yes, you heard that right; many of the top SEO vendors in the automotive space use Jasper.ai, an artificial intelligence content writing software, to quickly crank out blog articles for their clients.
@Ryan Everson you can't drop an "Exposé" without actually naming the top SEO vendors using Jasper.ai....

@Ryan Everson you can't drop an "Exposé" without actually naming the top SEO vendors using Jasper.ai....

I came here to say exactly what Dan said ;-)

But in an effort to add a little more value to the convo than that, here's a very interesting case study that examines the impact of Google's Helpful Content Update on AI generated content.

There are also a couple of tools out there you can use to determine how likely it is text was written by a human or a robot:

GLTR (glitter) v0.5
GPT-2 Output Detector

Lastly I'll just add for the record that at Dealer Inspire our SEO team is in-house, and all-human....robots need not apply.