• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Dealers are suffering from #FakeNews.

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
First Name
Joe
AIRLINES.

I just bought a plane ticket on an aggregator and in checkout, somehow, all free seats are taken and they wack you $$$ to pick a seat.

Most Car Dealers AVOID this practice. "Sorry Mr. Customer, the price on AutoTrader doesn't include the rear seats"

What other industries (or businesses) pull this 'bait and bump' horseshit?

What other industries (or businesses) deliberately make the buying process a cluster f*ck?

WTF

Last edited:
Reactions: Alexander Lau

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
First Name
Joe
CABLE COMPANIES.
They purposely create complex packages and low ball prices as teasers.

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
First Name
Joe
XM RADIO
Everyone knows you have to sit on the phone with XM for an hour and fight and fight and fight to get XM prices to where they should be.

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
Expedia screwed me recently. I got cheated $80. During the initial checkout phase, I was shown a price $80 cheaper than what was charged at the actual transaction point. Not only was I unable to decipher the English of the individual on the other line (guessing outsourced to the Philippines), but after having complained about it via call and Facebook, they refused to refund the $80. Here's evidence to show the scam that's going on behind the scenes. They're perfectly fine making last minute increase injections (with zero regulation), this should be illegal.

Last edited:

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig

craigh

Super Moderator
May 19, 2011
First Name
Craig
People think dealers are crooks; the travel business are the crooks. Wasn't there a bill just passed that actually lightens up on airlines to allow more of this mischievous behavior?
We are dealing with travel bills hell from NADA right now.
"resort fees" ended up making the cheapest hotel more expensive than the nicer hotels half the team stayed at.
Such a scam, from the booking company we used down to the hotel taking advantage of it.

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
May 1, 2006
First Name
Alex
People are emotional nuts about cars. They're not as excited about renting a plane seat or hotel bed. So the grudges run deeper and longer as those 4 wheels and bumpers stare at them from the driveway.

Reactions: CarolineBarron

Alexander Lau

Sr. Refresher
Feb 11, 2015
First Name
Alex
People are emotional nuts about cars. They're not as excited about renting a plane seat or hotel bed. So the grudges run deeper and longer as those 4 wheels and bumpers stare at them from the driveway.
Yep and the key is to successfully prey on those emotions. ;-)

Reactions: Alex Snyder

DrewAment

Sr. Refresher
Apr 30, 2009
First Name
Drew
HOTELS and RESORTS

Hotel and resort fees -- are the lamest and most underhanded thing the industry ever did. There is even a website - http://killresortfees.com/