• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Car Dealers are suffering from #FakeNews.

joe.pistell

Uncle Joe
Apr 7, 2009
Awards
First Name
Joe
AIRLINES.

I just bought a plane ticket on an aggregator and in checkout, somehow, all free seats are taken and they wack you $$$ to pick a seat.

Most Car Dealers AVOID this practice. "Sorry Mr. Customer, the price on AutoTrader doesn't include the rear seats"

What other industries (or businesses) pull this 'bait and bump' horseshit?

What other industries (or businesses) deliberately make the buying process a cluster f*ck?

WTF

Last edited:
Expedia screwed me recently. I got cheated $80. During the initial checkout phase, I was shown a price $80 cheaper than what was charged at the actual transaction point. Not only was I unable to decipher the English of the individual on the other line (guessing outsourced to the Philippines), but after having complained about it via call and Facebook, they refused to refund the $80. Here's evidence to show the scam that's going on behind the scenes. They're perfectly fine making last minute increase injections (with zero regulation), this should be illegal.

n6vkD5l.jpg

Last edited:
People think dealers are crooks; the travel business are the crooks. Wasn't there a bill just passed that actually lightens up on airlines to allow more of this mischievous behavior?

We are dealing with travel bills hell from NADA right now.
"resort fees" ended up making the cheapest hotel more expensive than the nicer hotels half the team stayed at.
Such a scam, from the booking company we used down to the hotel taking advantage of it.

Reactions: Alexander Lau